0 Replies Latest reply on Dec 10, 2014 1:30 AM by praveen.mca88

Need to connect with protocol TLSv1.1 and above

praveen.mca88

Hi All,

I am using Jboss remoting API for our RMI invocation with SSL protocol. I want to disable SSLv3 protocol onbehalf of recent POODLE issue in my application. So i am planning to use TLS v1.1 or higher in Jboss remoting. After i specify the SSL protocol as TLS v 1.1 i am not able to establish the connetion.

Following is the code to configure SSL protocol:-

InvokerLocator myLocator = null;

Connector connector = null;

myLocator = new InvokerLocator("ssl"+ "://" + "0.0.0.0" + ":" + "portnumber");

connector = new Connector();

connector.setInvokerLocator(myLocator.getLocatorURI());

HashMap config = new HashMap();

config.put(SSLSocketBuilder.REMOTING_KEY_STORE_TYPE, "JKS");

config.put(SSLSocketBuilder.REMOTING_KEY_STORE_FILE_PATH, "my path");

config.put(SSLSocketBuilder.REMOTING_KEY_STORE_PASSWORD, "password");

config.put(SSLSocketBuilder.REMOTING_SSL_PROTOCOL, "TLSv1.1");

SSLSocketBuilder builder = new SSLSocketBuilder(config);

builder.setUseSSLServerSocketFactory(false);

connector.setServerSocketFactory((SSLServerSocketFactory) builder.createSSLServerSocketFactory());

connector.create();

connector.addInvocationHandler("MYSYS", new MessageReceiverInvokeHandler(remoteObjectHandler));

connector.start();

The error i am getting is as below:-

java.io.IOException: Error creating server socket factory SSL context: TLSv1.1 SSLContext not available

at sun.security.jca.GetInstance.getInstance(GetInstance.java:142)

at javax.net.ssl.SSLContext.getInstance(SSLContext.java:125)

at org.jboss.remoting.security.SSLSocketBuilder.createServerSocketFactorySSLContext(SSLSocketBuilder.java:1197)

I am not sure why its not accepting the TLS protocol. ?I am using the Jboss API v 2.5.0 SP2 and also i have tried with the latest version 2.5.4 SP5 and i am getting the same error.