1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 9, 2014 11:32 AM by tcunning

SyncServiceInvoker fault response changes http headers and changes soap version to use 1.1 default.

purplehaze007

Hi,

I am having trouble trying to figure out something related to JBOSS ESB SyncServiceInvoker action. I have class which extends from SyncServiceInvoker and to provides custom fault-handling. For non-fault scenarios; the default functionality is used by calling "super.process". All seems to work perfectly for regular responses (non-fault response). The response message is received with the correct soap version and http headers (specifically referring to 'Content-Type' ) is received correctly. However for fault messages; the content-type is not returned and I'm finding it unable to 'SET' it in the header too. The soap version is also changed to  default (i.e version 1.1); however i managed to get around this by calling " MessageFactory.newInstance(SOAPConstants.SOAP_1_2_PROTOCOL); "

Reading around other posts and forums suggested that by adding the above; my content type should automatically be set correctly and received. However - that is not the case.

Have also tried some other stuff thanks to answers to other related posts but doesn't seem to help.

Version details :  JBoss SOA Platform: Embedded Server - Version 5.3.1.GA

Seems there IS a bug related to fault handling in Jboss ESB ; but im not sure if its related to the problem i'm facing or if it's already resolved in 5.3.1 GA.

Any inputs/advice/help/tips ? Thanks a lot!

Bug ids: [JBESB-3796] Exception handling after SyncServiceInvoker fails - JBoss Issue Tracker

[JBESB-3772] SyncServiceInvoker does not reset ReplyTo and FaultTo EPR when deliverSync is succesful - JBoss Issue Track…

Below is snapshot of code:

====================

@Override

public Message process(Message message) throws ActionProcessingException {

Call call = message.getHeader().getCall();

EPR fault = call.getFaultTo();

EPR replyTo = call.getReplyTo();

try {

return super.process(message);

} catch (ActionProcessingException e) {

call.setFaultTo(fault);                             

call.setReplyTo(replyTo);

return handleException(message, e, payloadProxy, printStackTrace);

}

}

/**

* handle ESB exceptions and set it back as SOAP Faults

*/

public static Message handleException(Message message, Throwable e, MessagePayloadProxy payloadProxy,

boolean printStackTrace) {

try {

MessageFactory messageFactory = MessageFactory.newInstance(SOAPConstants.SOAP_1_2_PROTOCOL);

SOAPMessage responseMessage = messageFactory.createMessage();

responseMessage.getMimeHeaders().setHeader("Content-Type", "application/soap+xml; charset=utf-8");                         //this doesn't seem to help. Checked in debug mode ; header is set on the object however actual response doesn't contain it.

responseMessage.setProperty("CHARACTER_SET_ENCODING", IMessageContent.ENCODING);

SOAPFault fault = responseMessage.getSOAPBody().addFault();

if (e.getCause() != null) {

fault.setFaultString(e.getCause().getMessage());

addFaultDetails(e.getCause(), fault, printStackTrace);

} else {

fault.setFaultString(e.getMessage());

addFaultDetails(e, fault, printStackTrace);

}

ByteArrayOutputStream byteArrayOutputStream = new ByteArrayOutputStream();

responseMessage.writeTo(byteArrayOutputStream);

payloadProxy.setPayload(message, new String(byteArrayOutputStream.toByteArray(), IMessageContent.CHARSET));

} catch (Exception exc) {

Logger.getLogger(SOAPSyncServiceInvoker.class.getName()).log(Level.SEVERE,

"Failed to handle fault on SOAP call", e);

}

return message;

}

-Thx!