3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 24, 2015 12:22 PM by wdfink

I am using JBOSS 6.2.1 EAP as AS and cluster

koohkan

I am using JBOSS 6.2.1 EAP as AS and cluster with two nodes. The instances are standalone, and the configuration file standalone.xml on JBoss server. I want to use Infinispan as cache cluster for each JBoss instance. The replicated data on two cache. If a change occurs within a cache Instanze, immediately the other cache instance should be synchroniziert. And the cache entries with a CV of 10 hours.

The goal is that every time the two instances of infinispan caches are exactly identical in content

Is it correct ?

----------------------------------------

----------------------------------------

<subsystem xmlns="urn:jboss:domain:infinispan:1.4">

<cache-container default-cache="jec-registry" name="postbox">

<transport lock-timeout="60000"/>

<replicated-cache batching="true" mode="SYNC" name="jec-registry">

<state-transfer enabled="true" timeout="600000"/>

<expiration lifespan="36000000"/>

<locking isolation="READ_COMMITTED"/>

</replicated-cache>

</cache-container>

-----------------------------------

----------------------------------

• 1. Re: I am using JBOSS 6.2.1 EAP as AS and cluster
          wdfink

You can not use the infinispan subsystem for your own caches.

The subsystem is stripped for internal use only, so you will have restricted functionality and also it is not supported if you use EAP.

You need to use JDG, if you try to have the cache in your application (same server) you can use the so called library mode and add the configuration to your application.

See the JDG quickstarts jboss-jdg-quickstarts/eap-cluster-app for this.

• 2. Re: I am using JBOSS 6.2.1 EAP as AS and cluster
            koohkan

Now we have Lizenz redhat for das product jdg.

eap Version 63.2 and jdg 6.3.

can i use the confuguration witin the standalone.XML ?

what do i do ?

• 3. Re: I am using JBOSS 6.2.1 EAP as AS and cluster
              wdfink

If you mean the standalone.xml of the EAP server installation, NO (as I already mentioned).

This subsystem is for internal use only, does not support the full JDG (infinispan) features, use an older version, is only tested for internal EAP purpose and not covered by Red Hat support.

So you should follow the documentation how to use it and maybe the quickstarts give you an idea how to start.

As you have now a subscription for JDG and EAP, this is not a License, you might open a support ticket within the Red Hat portal and we can give you specific hints. Also the knowlede base will have a lot of articles and documentation which you might find helpful.