0 Replies Latest reply on Jul 17, 2014 2:01 AM by dassandeep173

Jboss Profiler snapshot command generates binary files which is not readable.

dassandeep173

Hi

I have configured JBoss EAP 4.3 as server for my web application running on windows platform. The project is built with jdk1.5, flex3.6 and Seam framework. I have a requirement where i was asked to configure jboss-profiler-2.0.0.Beta5 in my project to measure the performance.

For installation, i have strictly followed the steps mentioned in the JBossProfiler2-UsersGuide.pdf document. When i downloaded jboss-profiler-2.0.0.Beta5 the document came bundled with the package.

After installation I was successfully in starting the profiling using the command  java -jar jboss-profiler-client.jar startProfiler  then i ran my application. After some time i stopped the profiler using the  command java -jar jboss-profiler-client.jar stopProfiler in the command prompt.

So now if i run the the snapshot command: java -jar jboss-profiler-client.jar snapshot it generated binary files.

The property file is given below:

enable=yes

precompiled=no

cpu=yes

memory=yes

includes=org.jboss.profiler.*,com.company.reia.*

excludes=*

visibility=private

save=yes

savelocation=.

startup=yes

repository=no

remote=yes

store=file

location=/temp/reports

host=localhost

port=5400

ejb=yes

servlet=yes

jsf=yes

jmx=yes

rmi=yes

corba=yes

plugin.1=org.jboss.profiler.plugins.Hibernate

plugin.2=org.jboss.profiler.plugins.Seam

As it is highlighted above in bold the location and includes is edited to match my requirement.

Please let me know if i need to configure something else for the profiler to generate reports in html format.

Regards

Sandeep