1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 28, 2015 6:13 PM by sanjay05222

Exception handling in processes

j_kotal

Hi,

we have an application with embedded JBPM (version 6.0.1). The application handles web services requests by running processes. The application must respond in all cases, even in case when exception is thrown during process execution (e.g. exception in service task or database connection lost).

I looked at chapter 22. "Exception Management" in the user guide and tried to use SignallingTaskHandlerDecorator to catch exceptions and signal error to a subprocess. This solution works but the problem is that the subprocess must be defined with the attribute triggeredByEvent="true" and setting this attribute is not supported in JBPM designer nor in BPMN2 Eclipse Modeler (at least I couldn’t find how to set this attribute in these editors).

Can someone recommend how to solve a robust exception handling? The application has one main process that calls specific subprocesses according to coming requests. We need to handle exceptions in subprocesses and signal the exceptions to the main process by error event or in a process variable.

Thanks

Jirka

• 1. Re: Exception handling in processes
          sanjay05222

HI Jiri Kotal

were you able to find the solution ? Looks like that I have toi move what ever is there in this "SignallingTaskHandlerDecorator" to my custom work Item handler and then it will work , but if there is already some way to do it through eclipse it would be great .

thanks

Sanjay Gautam