1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 29, 2014 9:45 AM by jesper.pedersen

Where to put a custom ConnectionListener?

mikehoss42

So I was digging into the code we need to port over, wondering why allow-multiple-user pooling wasn't working, and discovered that we need to run some SQL when the connection is opened and destroyed.

I found the pool configuration document and it talked about a "connection-listener" tag in the pool configuration. I went around and found some documentation for the ConnectionListener interface in ironjacamar-jdbc and found this post:

https://community.jboss.org/message/808900

I'm not sure what Jesper meant by "You can link your database module with the module where your implementation is located" and the documentation seemed a bit . . . obtuse.

This is what my driver pool sections look like:

<driver>sqljdbc4-20120306.jar</driver>

<pool>

<min-pool-size>0</min-pool-size>

<max-pool-size>32</max-pool-size>

<prefill>false</prefill>

<use-strict-min>true</use-strict-min>

<flush-strategy>AllConnections</flush-strategy>

<allow-multiple-users>true</allow-multiple-users>

<connection-listener class-name="com.foo.jdbc.SqlServerConnectionListener"/>

</pool>

What I have tried:

• Putting my jar with SqlServerConnectionListener as a Wildfly module.
      • Deploying my jar with the ConnectionListener in standalone/deployments (along with my app and the SQLServer driver)
      • Putting Dependencies: myJar.jar in the MANIFEST.MF of my dao jar.

All of them has resulted in the same error:

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.foo.jdbc.SqlServerConnectionListener from [Module "org.jboss.ironjacamar.jdbcadapters:main" from local module loader...

What can I do to get IronJacamar/WildFly to see my custom ConnectionListener?