0 Replies Latest reply on Apr 17, 2014 4:42 PM by pharbo

Problem using Sybase jconn4.jar with jboss 7.3 - UnsupportedOperationException on Statement.setMaxRows()

pharbo

I have set up a connection pool on a jboss eap6.2 (JBoss AS 7.3 final redhat) as follows

<datasource jndi-name="java:jboss/datasources/sqlDataSource" pool-name="sqlDataSource" enabled="true">

<connection-url>jdbc:sybase:Tds:133.133.133.133:2222/dbname</connection-url>

<driver-class>com.sybase.jdbc4.jdbc.SybDriver</driver-class>

<driver>sybaseDriver</driver>

<transaction-isolation>TRANSACTION_READ_COMMITTED</transaction-isolation>

<pool>

<min-pool-size>1</min-pool-size>

<max-pool-size>100</max-pool-size>

<prefill>true</prefill>

</pool>

<security>

<user-name>usernm</user-name>

<password>pwwd</password>

</security>

</datasource>

<drivers>

<driver name="h2" module="com.h2database.h2">

<xa-datasource-class>org.h2.jdbcx.JdbcDataSource</xa-datasource-class>

</driver>

<driver name="sybaseDriver" module="com.sybase.sybaseDriver"/>

</drivers>

and the driver is both in modules/system/layers/base/com/sybase/sybaseDriver/main/jconn4.jar and in standalone/deployments, where it was recognized:

13:25:56,428 INFO  [org.jboss.as.server.deployment] (MSC service thread 1-2) JBAS015876: Starting deployment of "jconn4.jar" (runtime-name: "jconn4.jar")

13:25:56,466 INFO  [org.jboss.as.connector.deployers.jdbc] (MSC service thread 1-7) JBAS010404: Deploying non-JDBC-compliant driver class com.sybase.jdbc4.jdbc.SybDriver (version 7.0)

13:25:56,717 INFO  [org.jboss.as.server] (DeploymentScanner-threads - 1) JBAS018559: Deployed "jconn4.jar" (runtime-name : "jconn4.jar")

When I use the setMaxRows() method of the Statement object, it throws an UnsupportedOperationException, yet I can use this when I write a command-line interface

test program compiled and run with jdk 1.7 and jconn4.jar in the command search path.  Also, statement.close() will cause the application to hang, while in the command-line

test it does not.  I have checked with connection.getMetaData and it seems to be using the jConnect driver - has anyone encountered anything like this?