4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 11, 2014 5:33 PM by tanmayrsawant

Configure task notifications

joluta44

Hello,

Can somebody tell me how to configurate the task notifications on jbpm 6.0, i'm using the kie work bench and i´m not sure how to configurate the smtp server and the users email.

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Configure task notifications
          joluta44

I found the solution if somebody needs it.

You have to configurate two thing the smt server and the userinfo.properties.

The way i found to configurate the SMTP server is to modify the standalone-full.xml (\jbpm-installer\jboss-as-7.1.1.Final\standalone\configuration) adding the next lines:

<subsystem xmlns="urn:jboss:domain:mail:1.0">

<mail-session jndi-name="java:/mail/jbpmMailSession" from="josetf@audifarma.com.co">

<smtp-server outbound-socket-binding-ref="mail-smtp">

<login name="josetf" password="pass"/>

</smtp-server>

</mail-session>

<mail-session jndi-name="java:jboss/mail/Default" debug="true">

<smtp-server outbound-socket-binding-ref="mail-smtp"/>

</mail-session>

</subsystem>

and at the end of the file the adress and port of the server:

<outbound-socket-binding name="mail-smtp">

<remote-destination host="x.x.x.x" port="x"/>

</outbound-socket-binding>

</socket-binding-group>

To edit the userinfo.properties (jbpm-console.war\WEB-INF\classes) you have to add your user email in there:

josetf=josetf@domain.com:en-UK:josetf

if you get a null pointer exception maybe you need to add the next line too:

Administrators=administrator@domain.com:en-UK:Administrators:[Administrator]

I hope it helps.

• 2. Re: Configure task notifications
            tanmayrsawant

Thank you for posting helpful answer.

Can you explain how to configure email in bpmn process? I cannot see any email activity in jbpm eclipse plugin.

My requirement is to send out emails from bpmn process to requester/approvers.

Thanks,

Tanmay

• 3. Re: Configure task notifications
              joluta44

Can you use the Kie WorkBench?

If you can you have a component in the service menu called Email, if you want this one to work you have to configurate the CustomWorkItemHandlers.conf (jbpm-console.war\WEB-INF\classes\META-INF)  and add this line:

"Email": new org.jbpm.process.workitem.email.EmailWorkItemHandler("host","port","josetf@domain.com.co","pass")

or if you are using the human task you can go it as i wrote before.

I hope it helps

Jose

• 4. Re: Configure task notifications
                tanmayrsawant

Thank you for your reply.

I cannot use Workbench. I have developed a web application using eclipse and changed default jbpm database to MySQL database.

And yes I have used human tasks. But in human tasks properties I cannot see anything to send emails/notifications.

Am I missing something? Can you explain how can I send emails using human tasks?

I appreciate your time.

Thank You,

Tanmay