1 2 Previous Next 24 Replies Latest reply on May 28, 2014 3:52 PM by joachim.a

war not deployed

joachim.a

I build my war container without error, and it is available as a folder in the JBoss 7.1.1 deployments folder as a folder but it is not deployed. How can I find the problem? Is the container not complete or why is the war not deployed. What is the best procedure to get more insights?

• 1. Re: war not deployed
          joachim.a

any clue?

• 2. Re: war not deployed
            ctomc

You don't give us much to go by....

at least post log of booting the server...

• 3. Re: war not deployed
              wdfink

Sounds like you use exploded deployments.

Did you copy the WAR as directory structure to the standalone/deployments folder?

In that case you need to add a flag-file  <your war name>.dodeploy to the folder or change the deploy-scanner config.

But notice that this is not recommended for production as the war get's deployed for every single change within the directory structure.

• 4. Re: Re: war not deployed
                joachim.a

Thank You for the answers. Here is the log file as well as standalone.xml.

Yes, the war is exploded - but how can I avoid this?

And also I put a <your war name>.dodeploy in the folder. This didn't help.

• 5. Re: war not deployed
                  joachim.a

Can somebody support? Any idea?

• 6. Re: war not deployed
                    ctomc

All you need is right there in the log you posted:

22:48:30,399 INFO  [org.jboss.as.server.deployment.scanner] (DeploymentScanner-threads - 1) JBAS015003: Found MyWineCellar.war in deployment directory. To trigger deployment create a file called MyWineCellar.war.dodeploy

in deployments folder there is README file, which explain exactly scenario that you are facing.

--

tomaz

• 7. Re: war not deployed
                      joachim.a

Thank you for the feedback.

But in my deployments folder is no README file. Also I created a file WineCellar.war.dodeploy already.

Also does anybody know how I can avoid that the war is exploded?

• 8. Re: war not deployed
                        wdfink

It's on your build process to package the war file. What build tools do you use?

For maven you can look into the quickstarts how it works.

• 9. Re: Re: war not deployed
                          joachim.a

Thank You for the answer. I'm using maven but it's not clear to me where I triggered an explosion of the war. I attached the pom.xml file.

(And finally it's not clear to me if this is the final reason which is causing the problem.)

• 10. Re: Re: war not deployed
                            kuldeep11
                            • 11. Re: war not deployed
                              wdfink

There is a open-shift profile in your pom, not sure whether this is the reason.

Did you use OpenShift? Or just copy the pom from an example?

• 12. Re: Re: war not deployed
                                joachim.a

Thank you for your feedback.

@Kuldeep Sharma

I called "mvn package" and the war (packed) was created and I copy the war to the deployments folder - but I got a "war.failed file".

Here is the log file.

It contains a “DuplicateServiceException". Could it be that this is the reason for the problem? How can I avoid it?

@Wolf-Dieter Fink:

Yes, the pom came from an example; I deleted the open-shift profile; no change.

Is it really intended that I call maven in the command line and copy the war to the deployments folder manually?

• 13. Re: Re: war not deployed
                                  kuldeep11

"Caused by: org.jboss.msc.service.DuplicateServiceException: Service jboss.data-source.reference-factory.MySqlDS is already registered"

Please try to remove "MySqlDS" which is already registered and causing the issue and then make a clean restart.

Thanks!

• 14. Re: Re: Re: war not deployed
                                    joachim.a

I removed it and I become the next problem (see log file)

Caused by: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: Unknown database 'mywinecellardb;db_close_on_exit=false;db_close_delay=-1'

but my MySQL database is MyWineCellarDB?

And still it is not clear to me if it is really intended that I call maven in the command line and copy the war to the deployments folder manually?

1 2 Previous Next