Arquillian and drone Headless Linux

mrlindenwillow

Pom.xml versions

<arquillian.version>1.1.2.Final</arquillian.version>

<arquillian_drone.version>1.2.0.Final</arquillian_drone.version>

<arquillian_warp.version>1.0.0.Alpha4</arquillian_warp.version>

JDK 7

maven 3.0

seleniumhq; api, java, remote-driver 2.35.

Running in ubuntu 13.10

firefox 25.0

I have an application that can successfully run the UI tests from my lap top with our current arquillian.xml using firefox and chrome.
      When i use maven to run the tests in the terminal of our continuous integration server Atlassian Bamboo, When i take a snap shot of the Xvfb display the url is pointing 0.0.0.0:8080.

However the tests fail as the browser at the above url is a bad request and then none of the html id can be found..

Has anybody successfully understood this process?

I have found:

Running arquillian drone headless with jenkins

which was significant help; but i have questions about the use of the Selenium extensions, As i do not use them to run locally are they needed?

Your diligence and expertise is required!

Cheers!

• 1. Re: Arquillian and drone Headless Linux
          kpiwko

Hey Zachary,

As for bad URL are you using remote or managed container? Which one? This is not really related to Drone but I believe you have your application/web server server configured to bind to all interfaces. E.g. with JBoss AS7/WF8 -b 0.0.0.0.

You don't want that. Either bind it to particular IP or 127.0.0.1 (localhost). That way you'll get an URL via @ArquillianResource that you'd be able to open in browser.

Note as for running headless, you might also want to setup browser to be phantomjs, no need to have Xvfb ;-)

HTH,

Karel