2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 21, 2014 1:41 PM by kpiwko

ShrinkWrap on Arquillian.org

aslak

I've been working on integrating ShrinkWrap into the Arquillian.org site. Currently we support a 'normal' scan of the Repositories which means ShrinkWrap (Archives|Resolvers|Descriptors) are included on:

* Module Pages under the ShrinkWrap component type (no special parsing atm, just basic info)

* Contributor pages, brings us up to 172 contributors

* Release notes

Screenshot from 2014-01-20 13:52:34.png

Screenshot from 2014-01-20 13:52:41.png

Screenshot from 2014-01-20 13:53:06.png

We've been talking about for some time to allow Module specific text in the "The Arquillian Team.." and "What is Arquillian?" sections of the Release notes. The lack of this becomes a bit more obvious when ShrinkWrap is integrated. So I'll be fixing that little issue, but that opens up the question:

What should be the 'over all' description, the phrase that explains it all to someone who haven't seen it before, for ShrinkWrap, Resolvers and Descriptors?

kpiwko alrubinger rbattenfeld ?

Next step will be to include the reference docs, e.g. the Resolvers / Archive overall docs + Warp. And move the Arquillian Core reference out of docs.jboss.org

-aslak-

• 1. Re: ShrinkWrap on Arquillian.org
          rbattenfeld

Hi Aslak

This sounds great. As you probably have many times realized, my mother tongue is not English:-)

But lets try this:

"The Shrinkwrap Descriptor project provides an uniformed fluent API for creating and modifying Java EE deployment descriptors on the fly. Starting from the very early JEE 1.3 to the brand new Java EE 7 version, the descriptor project includes almost all official deployment descriptors. Several vendor specific deployment descriptors, mostly JBoss related, are covered as well."

Ok. Maybe to much marketing:-) I know, It is still alpha.

• 2. Re: ShrinkWrap on Arquillian.org
            kpiwko

I love the idea. As for ShrinkWrap Resolver, what about following paragraph:

"The ShrinkWrap Resolvers project provides a Java API to obtain artifacts from a repository system. This is handy to include third party libraries available in any Maven repository in your test archive. ShrinkWrap Resolvers additionally allows you to reuse all the configuration you've already specified in Maven build file, making packaging of an application archive much easier job."

Ok. rbattenfeld could you put some nice marketing words on top of it? ;-)