1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 6, 2014 4:39 AM by objectiser

Fuse Service Works Clustering

kenteudy

I am trying to set up a cluster of Fuse Service Work Instances.  I have a few questions regarding S-RAMP, RT-GOV and database configuration.

First, what is the proper/suggested configuration for S-RAMP RT-GOV in a clustered environment.

Should one of the servers in the cluster be the RT-GOV server and all other server nodes be clients to that server?  Would it be best to have a dedicated RT-GOV server separate from execution servers that hosts the RT-GOV server and all servers connect to this server via the RT-GOV client. 

Can all the servers in the cluster be RT-GOV servers and connect to the same DB instance or do they each need their own S-RAMP database if they each are RT-GOV servers.

The documentation seems a little light in explaining all the concepts regarding clustering FSW.  More details would be nice.

• 1. Re: Fuse Service Works Clustering
          objectiser

Hi Kent

Kent Eudy wrote:

I am trying to set up a cluster of Fuse Service Work Instances.  I have a few questions regarding S-RAMP, RT-GOV and database configuration.

First, what is the proper/suggested configuration for S-RAMP RT-GOV in a clustered environment.

Should one of the servers in the cluster be the RT-GOV server and all other server nodes be clients to that server?  Would it be best to have a dedicated RT-GOV server separate from execution servers that hosts the RT-GOV server and all servers connect to this server via the RT-GOV client.

In a production situation, it would be recommended to have the governance capabilities on a separate server(s) from the execution servers - so the second option you describe. Depending upon the load of the RTGov server, it may also be necessary to set up a cluster of governance servers as well.

Kent Eudy wrote:

Can all the servers in the cluster be RT-GOV servers and connect to the same DB instance or do they each need their own S-RAMP database if they each are RT-GOV servers.

The documentation seems a little light in explaining all the concepts regarding clustering FSW.  More details would be nice.

All of the servers can be RTGov servers, but as mentioned before it is probably best to have these separate from the execution servers. If you do have a cluster of RTGov servers, then they only need to connect to the same DB instance.

For clarification, there is no dependency between RTGov and SRAMP - they are installed and configured independently. However if you want, it would be possible to also configure each RTGov server to have SRAMP. The FSW installer will (by default) configure all components to use the same database - so RTGov and SRAMP would share the same database instance - however this is not mandatory.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Gary