0 Replies Latest reply on Nov 22, 2013 12:58 PM by jmanko

List for scrollableDataTable, and client-side sorting

jmanko

I have a List that in my backing bean that I use for a Richfaces scrollableDataTable.  I'm running into a problem when doing client-side sort a table:

<r:scrollableDataTable id="remarkTable" value="#{remarkController.remarks}" selection="#{remarkController.selection}"

sortMode="single" selectionMode="single" var= "dataItem" rows="10"

height="273px" width = "916px" rowClasses="list-row-odd, list-row-even" selectedClass="selectedRow">

<a:support id="remarkSelect" event="onRowClick" action="#{remarkController.reviewRemark}" reRender="remarkDetails"/>

After sorting the table client-side, clicking on a row loads the record which was at that position prior to sorting.  Here is how I find the activated remark:

public void reviewRemark() {

// selection is used on the component to store the selected

// row(s), of type org.richfaces.model.selection.Selection

if (selection.size() > 0) { 

Remark remark = null;           

Iterator i = selection.getKeys();

while (i.hasNext()) {

remark = (Remark) remarks.get((Integer) i.next());               

break;

}

if (remark != null) {

this.setRemark(remark);

}

} else {

resetRemark();

}

}

If I understand how it is working, I believe that the row click is indexed and that index saved in the Selection collection.  My question: how can I use client-size sorting, with a List, yet still have a row selection that return a valid row to the Selection collection?