3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 15, 2013 11:15 AM by burmanm

Compiling issues.. still.

burmanm

Hi,

While that ant script was a great idea in theory, it still didn't solve all the issues to a new user, because it's not complete. I moved this thread to the development, as it's more approriate here I think.

DTGov won't compile with the current pom.xml:

[exec] [ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project dtgov-war: Could not resolve dependencies for project org.overlord.dtgov:dtgov-war:war:2.0.0-SNAPSHOT: The following artifacts could not be resolved: net.sf.josql:josql:jar:1.5, net.sf.josql:gentlyweb-utils:jar:1.5: Could not find artifact net.sf.josql:josql:jar:1.5 in verkkolaskupalvelu-3rdparty-releases (http://172.27.49.2:8081/nexus/content/repositories/verkkolaskupalvelu-3rdparty-releases) -> [Help 1]

This is because you're using some sort of repository that I don't have configured (and the blog did not reveal what that is, and the poms don't include it). S-RAMP tests also fail in the default install, as it probably tries to contact something it can't reach yet, and assumes something is installed already (but not mentioned in the blog post). For example:

[exec] [Fri Nov 15 11:37:12 EET 2013] MIME map can't be loaded:java.lang.NullPointerException

[exec] [Fri Nov 15 11:37:12 EET 2013] Servlet for path '/' already defined and no default will be used.

With mvn -DskipTests=true clean install, the compiling fails anyway in the GWT phase:

[INFO] Caused by: java.io.InvalidClassException: com.google.gwt.dev.jjs.SourceOrigin$1; local class incompatible: stream classdesc serialVersionUID = -2407201776821563037, local class serialVersionUID = 4713379764594032837

And I just can't remember why GWT did these, as clean didn't help like with RHQ usually.

• 1. Re: Compiling issues.. still.
          eric.wittmann

These are disturbing (to me) results! First, can you list your OS type/version and JDK type/version?  Also your Maven version?  (I know following up on this sort of thing is a pain but it would be very helpful)

I've never seen that GWT error, but I did find this with a little searching:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/google-web-toolkit/9i2ZhWOM6k4/oly2G5-1_OwJ

Does anything there make sense?

As for the josql dependency problem, that's a mystery too, because I just did a "mvn dependency:tree | grep sql" on dtgov/dtgov-war and got nothing.  Can you try doing a "mvn dependency:tree" and see if you can figure out where josql is coming from?  To my knowledge we don't have a dependency on such a thing, and we certainly don't have a weird direct-ip-address repository defined anywhere!

• 2. Re: Compiling issues.. still.
            kurtstam

Hi Michael,

I'm sorry to hear that it's not working for you.

1. I believe that artifact is a transient dependency from jBPM and was brought in with the integration bom. I think that has been fixed; our integration build was complaining too, but seems all right now.

2. We don't rely on the settings.xml for maven repos in the project; it should simply work as is.

[exec] [Fri Nov 15 11:37:12 EET 2013] MIME map can't be loaded:java.lang.NullPointerException

[exec] [Fri Nov 15 11:37:12 EET 2013] Servlet for path '/' already defined and no default will be used.

I believe is rest easy complaining and this error is harmless. Though if you know how to get rid of it I'd love to know.

4. I don't know why the GWT build would be failing.

Maybe you can hop onto irc #jbossoverlord on freenode and we can figure it out?

Thanks for hanging in there; you're almost there trust me!

Cheers,

--Kurt

• 3. Re: Compiling issues.. still.
              burmanm

So, here's the story. GWT issues were because of IBM JDK (use Oracle to compile GWT) and the latest updates have fixed the dependency issues.