0 Replies Latest reply on Nov 8, 2013 7:11 PM by scrappy

jmx client for jBoss 7.1.x ... ?

scrappy

I'm slowly getting my Zabbix install configured to monitor various aspects of our servers, and wish to add jBoss monitoring to the mix ... searching the web, the newest informaiton on doing this I'm finding is http://skajla.blogspot.ca/ ... but this is from 2010, and for what seems to be an older version of jBoss ... I'm not finding anything that seems to apply to 7.1.x ...

I have it setup so that I can run jconsole.sh from my Mac OS X Desktop to connect to the server,  using remoting on port 4447 ... everything appears to work fine, I need some sort of command line tool for extracting information, but can't find anything ... the article(s) i've read refer to twiddle (no longer distributed, but found and tried the -standalone someone created, but can't seem to get it to work:

===

# bin/twiddle.sh --server=service:jmx:remoting-jmx://10.5.254.56:4447 serverinfo --list

16:09:02,563 ERROR [Twiddle] Exec failed

org.jboss.util.NestedRuntimeException: Unsupported protocol: remoting-jmx; - nested throwable: (java.net.MalformedURLException: Unsupported protocol: remoting-jmx)

at org.jboss.console.twiddle.Twiddle$1.getServer(Twiddle.java:221)

at org.jboss.console.twiddle.command.MBeanServerCommand.getMBeanServer(MBeanServerCommand.java:64)

at org.jboss.console.twiddle.command.ServerInfoCommand.execute(ServerInfoCommand.java:130)

at org.jboss.console.twiddle.Twiddle.main(Twiddle.java:370)

Caused by: java.net.MalformedURLException: Unsupported protocol: remoting-jmx

at javax.management.remote.JMXConnectorFactory.newJMXConnector(JMXConnectorFactory.java:357)

at javax.management.remote.JMXConnectorFactory.connect(JMXConnectorFactory.java:267)

at org.jboss.console.twiddle.Twiddle.createMBeanServerConnection(Twiddle.java:322)

at org.jboss.console.twiddle.Twiddle.connect(Twiddle.java:331)

at org.jboss.console.twiddle.Twiddle.access$400(Twiddle.java:60)

at org.jboss.console.twiddle.Twiddle$1.getServer(Twiddle.java:217)

... 3 more

====

figuring that doing this sort of monitoring on a production server can't be uncommon, can someone point me to what exactly I am missing?  Is there a good / maintained jmx client out there that will do what I want?   Or a I just missing something with twiddle itself?

Any recommendations most appreciated ... thanks ...