2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 7, 2013 11:42 AM by kotra.michal

Jboss 7 - undeploy all ears before server startup

kotra.michal

Hello,

I have following problem. My application consist of two ear files (ears have dependencies, and the can not be deployed at the same time, like jboss 7 do).

The deployment order is really important in this case, so I decided to switch off deployment scanner and deploy two ears using cli scrip to deploy it in proper order (ear1 first and then ear2):

#!bin/sh

sh /home/jboss/jboss/bin/jboss-cli.sh -c "deploy /home/jboss/ear1.ear"

sh /home/jboss/jboss/bin/jboss-cli.sh -c "deploy /home/jboss/ear2.ear"

and undeploy:

#!/bin/sh

sh /home/jboss/jboss/bin/jboss-cli.sh -c "undeploy ear2.ear"

sh /home/jboss/jboss/bin/jboss-cli.sh -c "undeploy ear1.ear"

Then i modified my /etc/init.d/jboss startup scripts as follows:

start:

- startup  jboss

- undeploy ear2 and ear1 using cli scripts (if nothing is deployed this will give me proper message, but works - OK )

- deploy ear1 and ear2 using cli scripts

stop:

- undeploy ear2 and ear1

- shudtown jboss

Everytihing works fine but there is one scenario that causes problem: jboss is not stopped by my startup script (sever crash, reboot, kill jboss PID etc).

In this case my startup script works like that:

- start jboss (there are old <deployments> entires in my standalone.xml config) - here is root of the problem, I don't want to deploy (In standard jboss parralell mode) everything at startup only to undeploy it, and then deploy it in correct order

- undeploy cli-script - OK

- deploy cli-script - OK

Is there any way to skip ear deployment at startup, or do I have manually modify my server config xml file (ex. using sed to remove <deployment> entries)

Thanks for any help,

Michał

• 1. Re: Jboss 7 - undeploy all ears before server startup
          ctomc

Hey,

since 7.2 there is option to specify deployment dependencies.

This should resolve your initial problem without any need for extra scripts.

• 2. Re: Jboss 7 - undeploy all ears before server startup
            kotra.michal

Hi Tomaz, thank you for your answer.

Could you, please show me part of documentation concerning deployment dependencies in 7.2? 

In my 7.1.1 I have tried to set dependencies in jboss-deployment-structure.xml but it seems not to chenge deployment order. Is this fixed in 7.2 ?

I am after migration of ma app from jbosa 4.2.2 to jboss 7.1.1 and I think the order deployment is my last porblem to solve.

greetings,
            Michał