2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 18, 2013 12:53 PM by shanlu

Deploy batch application on JBoss 7.1.1

shanlu

I wrote a simple batch application example using jboss-batch-api_1.0_spec-1.0.0.Beta1.jar, and run the application on JBoss 7.1.1. I added the jboss-batch-api_1.0_spec-1.0.0.Beta1.jar under jboss 7.1.1\modules\javax\batch\api\main, and added the configuration file module.xml as following:

<module xmlns="urn:jboss:module:1.1" name="javax.batch.api">

<resources>

<resource-root path="jboss-batch-api_1.0_spec-1.0.0.Beta1.jar"/>

<!-- Insert resources here -->

</resources>

<dependencies>

<module name="javax.api"/>

<module name="javax.enterprise.api"/>

</dependencies>   

</module>

However, I have problem to invoke my batch job from my ejb. The error shows that:

Caused by: javax.batch.operations.BatchRuntimeException: The ServiceLoader was unable to find an implemenation for JobOperator. Check classpath for META-INF/services/javax.batch.operations.JobOperator file.

Someone told me that JBoss AS 7.x implemnts Java EE 6 and currently does not support batch, and WildFly 8 implements Java EE 7 including batch support.

Could any one tell me: is that true I can not run batch application on JBoss 7 even if I add batch module to JBoss? Or, I still can run batch application on JBoss 7 if I configure the batch module in right way? If so, how to integrate batch into JBoss 7.1.1?

Thank you so much!