8 Replies Latest reply on Sep 2, 2013 9:40 AM by theute

JBoss EAP + JBoss Portal on Eclipse

ivandl

Hi everybody, I've configured JBoss EAP 6 on Eclipse Juno and I've got the right run environment with JBoss AS.

Once I start my server on Eclipse I can reach the EAP welcome page, so how can I now deploy JBoss Portal in Eclipse environment?

Thanks everyone.

• 1. Re: JBoss EAP + JBoss Portal on Eclipse
          ctomc

What portal enviroment?

GateIn / JPP? or something else?

• 2. Re: JBoss EAP + JBoss Portal on Eclipse
            ivandl

JPP

• 3. Re: JBoss EAP + JBoss Portal on Eclipse
              ctomc

I moved this thread to GateIn forum, where guys will know much about this topic.

• 4. Re: JBoss EAP + JBoss Portal on Eclipse
                ivandl

Thanks!

• 5. Re: JBoss EAP + JBoss Portal on Eclipse
                  mwringe

Normally you don't deploy JPP onto EAP, the JPP download should be bundled with EAP.

I have never used eclipse to do portlet war deployments, I have always just deployed the portlets manually and used eclipse to remotely debug them.

• 6. Re: JBoss EAP + JBoss Portal on Eclipse
                    ivandl

Hi, the quickest way is JPP bundled with EAP, of course, but I would like to get control of the entire JPP in Eclipse environment (eg Liferay portal in Eclipse) for development and debugging. So I've configured the middleware onto Eclipse, so that when I start the EAP server and go to localhost:8080 I get the platform welcome page; now I'm trying to deploy JPP on that server.

• 7. Re: JBoss EAP + JBoss Portal on Eclipse
                      mwringe

You can not easily just deploy JPP on EAP or JBoss AS. Its a lot more than just deploying the ear and we do not support that manual deployment scenario. If you want to manually deploy JPP, please download the bundled version and compare the difference between it and an unaltered EAP install. It should be possible to do it this way, but its completely unsupported, good luck.

I don't use Eclipse to manage or control my application server or even to handle deployments. I only use the command line for that and use Eclipse to remotely debug. I don't even know if the Eclipse plugins support this properly or not. Perhaps someone else can respond with their experience.

• 8. Re: JBoss EAP + JBoss Portal on Eclipse
                        theute

JBoss Developer Studio (Eclipse based) will definitely get you there without having to repackage your own JBoss Portal.

If you use version 6, Eclipse should also just start it fine, if you use a previous version you may need to add an extra parameter, I don't remember on top of my head, but if you tell us what issues you had to start JBoss Portal from Eclipse we could help you.