1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 16, 2013 3:44 AM by jayvijayraj

JBoss EAP 6 -  integration with Websphere MQ

jayvijayraj

Hi

I would like to use the JBoss EAP 6 to deploy the MDB to fetch messages from Websphere MQ.

Here are my configurations.

@MessageDriven(activationConfig = {

@ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName = "destinationType", propertyValue = "javax.jms.Queue"),

@ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName = "messageSelector", propertyValue = "EP_WS_ASYNC = 'ON'"),

@ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName = "useDLQ", propertyValue = "false") })

@ResourceAdapter("wmq.jmsra.rar")

@TransactionManagement(TransactionManagementType.CONTAINER)

@TransactionAttribute(TransactionAttributeType.NOT_SUPPORTED)

public class AsyncWSEndpointMDBImpl implements MessageListener {

@Resource

private MessageDrivenContext mMDC;

public void onMessage(Message msg) {

}

private void rollbackMessage(Exception e) {

mMDC.setRollbackOnly();

log.info("The message " + messageID + " initiates message Rollback procedure..");

}

}

Here is my resource adapter configuration

Resource-adapter

<subsystem xmlns="urn:jboss:domain:resource-adapters:1.0">

<resource-adapters>

<resource-adapter>

<archive>

wmq.jmsra.rar

</archive>

<transaction-support>NoTransaction</transaction-support>

<connection-definitions>

<connection-definition class-name="com.ibm.mq.connector.outbound.ManagedConnectionFactoryImpl" jndi-name="java:jboss/jms/MqConnectionFactory" pool-name="MqConnectionFactoryPool">

</resource-adapter>

When I am trying to rollback the message back to MQ when certain condition is fails, i could not do so as it fails complaining.

Message : java.lang.IllegalStateException: JBAS014315: setRollbackOnly() not allowed without a transaction.

What i understood that with

@TransactionManagement(TransactionManagementType.CONTAINER) 

I should be able to use non-XA transaction for rollback the message to MQ. kind of standard EJB container transaction should be supported.

Could someone know how to do so?  Am I missing any configuration here?

Regards,

Jay

ay

• 1. Re: JBoss EAP 6 -  integration with Websphere MQ
          jayvijayraj

Hello,

I am answering my own question here.

Somehow the JBoss community have not realised the use of LocalTransaction with Websphere MQ Resource adapter.

When you define the

It declares not to inject the Transaction manger when you deploy the MDB. So when you execute mMDC.setRollbackOnly() it throws the error message

Message : java.lang.IllegalStateException: JBAS014315: setRollbackOnly() not allowed without a transaction.

In order to enable the Transactions with MDB using Websphere MQ resource adapter, you have two options.

1. Enable XA-transactions (by default Websphere MQ resource adapter supports XA-transactions when enabled.)

How to enable XA transaction is described here: https://access.redhat.com/site/documentation/en-US/JBoss_Enterprise_Application_Platform/6/html/Administration_and_Configuration_Guide/Deploy_the_WebSphere_MQ_Resource_Adapter.html

2. Enable non-XA transaction

To do this, unpack wmq.jmsra.rar and edit META-INF/ra.xml. The tag  <transaction-support>XATransaction </transaction-support>  should be changed to read  <transaction-support>LocalTransaction </transaction-support>  and add the com.ibm.mqetclient.jar file into lib folder to archive and then archive should be repackaged.

remove the @TransactionAttribute(TransactionAttributeType.NOT_SUPPORTED) from MDB.

Hope this article will help you to enable standard EJB transactions with Websphere MQ. I have tested it with EAP 6.0.1 and it works.

Regards,

Jay