1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 23, 2013 6:13 AM by wdfink

filesystem paths overrides

renevanwijk

According to the documention

- https://access.redhat.com/site/documentation/en-US/JBoss_Enterprise_Application_Platform/6.1/html-single/Administration_and_Configuration_Guide/index.html#Filesystem_Paths1

it must be possible overriding jboss.server.log.dir and jboss.server.data.dir.

"Users can add their own paths or override all except the first five of the above by adding a path element to their configuration file."

When using something like

<paths>

<path name="jboss.server.log.dir" path="log/cluster-server1" relative-to="jboss.server.base.dir"/>

<path name="jboss.server.data.dir" path="data/cluster-server1" relative-to="jboss.server.base.dir"/>

</paths>

in the standalone.xml, an error is thrown during start-up, saying that jboss.server.log.dir is reserved.

By using system properties like

<system-properties>

<property name="jboss.server.log.dir" value="/some/path"/>

</system-properties>

you get the clear message that the property jboss.server.log.dir must be set on the command-line (otherwise it is too late).

When setting the properties on the command-line

${JBOSS_HOME}/bin/standalone.sh --server-config=cluster-server1.xml -Djboss.server.log.dir=${JBOSS_HOME}/standalone/log/cluster-server1 -Djboss.server.data.dir=${JBOSS_HOME}/standalone/data/cluster-server1

there is no problem.

Is the last option the only way? If so it might be handy to update the documentation.

• 1. Re: filesystem paths overrides
          wdfink

I suppose it is the only option to use the "-D" parameter to change it.

I've checked for domain mode where it is also not possible to change it per server.

I've opened a documentation bug for this.