1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 19, 2013 12:20 PM by georgemat

MalformedURLException while trying to use JMX monitoring within AS7

georgemat

Hi, I am porting an existing functionality from JBoss 5.1.0 to EAP 6.1.0 Alpha(AS7.2.0 final?). I have a module within the application server trying to use JMX to monitor Dead Letter Queue statistics. I keep getting the following exception. Using http://localhost:9990 (or JBoss/bin/jconsole.bat) as a remote process works. JDK: jdk1.7.0_17 standlone-full.xml:                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     Exception: String JMX_URL = service:jmx:remoting-jmx://127.0.0.1:9999 //String JMX_URL = service:jmx:remoting-jmx://127.0.0.1:4447 JMXConnector jmxConnector = JMXConnectorFactory.connect(JMX_URL, null); generates the following exception. java.net.MalformedURLException: Unsupported protocol: remoting-jmx javax.management.remote.JMXConnectorFactory.newJMXConnector(JMXConnectorFactory.java:356) javax.management.remote.JMXConnectorFactory.connect(JMXConnectorFactory.java:266) I also tried with         with a port value of 4447. Same exception. Included the following module dependencies. org.jboss.as.system-jmx, org.jboss.remote-naming, org.jboss.remoting-jmx, org.jboss.remoting3.remoting-jmx, org.jboss.xnio, org.jboss.xnio.nio, org.jboss.as.cli, org.jboss.as.appclient, org.jboss.as.jmx, javax.management.j2ee.api What am I doing wrong? Thank you.

• 1. Re: MalformedURLException while trying to use JMX monitoring within AS7
          georgemat

Sorry, when I cut and pasted, the formatting got messed up.

I am unable to use JMX connection within JBoss to get a Dead Letter Queue status. This feature used to work for us in JBoss 5.1.0.

I am using EAP 6.1.0 Alpha.

Searched many community forum discusions and tried different setting in standalone-full.xml, and included some relevant JBoss modules.

Still no luck.  Is this doable from witin JBoss? The standlone console access working fine for me.