1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 5, 2013 3:56 PM by altar

jpda remote debugging

altar

Hi,

I have enabled JPDA settings for remote socket debugging in JBOSS

It works but I have problems to debug local variables, I can inspect only global variables, I can't see the local variables contents

what is the problem ? I use Jdeveloper 11g

thanks

• 1. Re: jpda remote debugging
          altar

I have found the problem, I mean problems because there was not only one

problem 1 :

I am building my project with Ant, and my build.xml  was using this settings for javac :

debug="on"
               debuglevel="lines,source"

I just removed debuglevel for full debug info to be included in my deploying EAR

problem 2 :

I have set JAVA_HOME, PATH, CLASSPATH in system variables to pointing to the same Java JDK bundled within JDeveloper 11g, JDK version 1.6...

I didn't need to rebuild RT.JAR with full debug info, because the JDK version distributed with JDev already have debug info

problem 3:

I was using SSO Security settings in standalone.xml, I copied all JBoss config files from a colleague, and the logs when launching the server was giving errors. I made a fresh install

Resume :

works all fine now, JDeveloper is compatible with JBoss, I can debug correctly and launch and stop JBoss inside Jdev 11g

For those who uses Eclipse or Intellij, and have problems with Java JDK ( RT.JAR ), you can download JDev that includes a JDK with full debug info. I can use you prefered IDE but using that JDK

hope this helps someone