2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 18, 2013 10:16 AM by florentine

Reset web-console monitoring statistics?

florentine

Hello,

I am running JBoss 4.2.2 GA and I would like to reset the values/statistics of the JBoss Management Console. In particular, I would like to reset the values of the servlets measurements.

Does anyone know how to do that? Also, Some of the servlets connect to a database through Hibernate. The database is on another physical machine. Does the servlet processing time value of the web console include also the waiting time for the database or is the timer halted during the call to the database?

Thanks a lot!!

Filippo

• 1. Re: Reset web-console monitoring statistics?
          florentine

Is there at least a precise description of what those numbers are and how/when/where they are measured?

For instance, in the Monitoring->Web Status-> Full Status, I can see the list of Servlets deployed. For each of them, it shows the processing time, max time, reqeust count, error count, load time, classloading time. What do these values represent? Is processing time the average time that it takes to serve a servlet request or is it the aggregated time?

Here is an example:

Processing time: 16.331 s Max time: 3084 ms Request count: 48 Error count: 0 Load time: 2732 ms Classloading time: 1887 ms

how Max time, processing time, load time and classloading time relate with each other? From these values, is there a way for me to get the mean execution time of a servlet?

Thanks a lot for you help!

• 2. Re: Reset web-console monitoring statistics?
            florentine

restarting the jboss server does the trick!