2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 12, 2013 4:40 AM by jim_b_o

JBoss EAP 6.1.0.Beta1 ResourceAdapter Deployed but Not Started or Associated with MCF

jim_b_o

I have a custom ResourceAdapter which includes a ManagedConnectionFactoryImpl.  The ResourceAdapter is annotated with @javax.resource.spi.Connector and the ManagedConnectionFactoryImpl is annotated with @javax.resource.spi.ConnectionDefinition and implements ResourceAdapterAssociation.  I have an ironjacamar.xml in the RAR as follows:

<connection-definitions>

<connection-definition jndi-name="java:/eis/TCP" class-name="xxx.TCPConnectionFactoryImpl" />

</connection-definitions>

The problem that I am having is that although the RAR is being deployed and the ConnectionFactory is being bound to JNDI as shown below, the ResourceAdapterAssociation#setResourceAdapter(...) callback on the MCF is never invoked nor is the ResourceAdapter#start(...) method.

12:40:02,153 INFO  [org.jboss.as.connector.deployment] (MSC service thread 1-10) JBAS010406: Registered connection factory java:/eis/TCP

12:40:02,156 INFO  [org.jboss.as.connector.deployers.RADeployer] (MSC service thread 1-10) IJ020002: Deployed: file:/XXX/jboss-eap-6.1/standalone/tmp/vfs/deploymentf64462aa42d86cdf/XXX-tcp-rar.rar-99e55f11ad53e7dd/contents/

12:40:02,158 INFO  [org.jboss.as.connector.deployment] (MSC service thread 1-9) JBAS010401: Bound JCA ConnectionFactory [java:/eis/TCP]

I have @javax.annotation.Resource(lookup = "java:/eis/TCP") references that are injected succesfully but when I obtain a Connection from the Factory the Connection is not useable as it lacks the ResourceAdapter association.

I'm not using MDBs so do not have any @ResourceAdapter annotations anywhere.

This used to work OK with 7.1.3.Final.  It appears that something has changed since then.  Any ideas on what I might be missing would be appreciated.

Environment:

JCA Subsystem (JBoss IronJacamar 1.0.16.Final-redhat-1)

JBoss EAP 6.1.0.Beta1 (AS 7.2.0.Final-redhat-4)