2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 14, 2013 6:04 AM by ibek

Switchyard.xml for the whole EAR

ibek

Hi,

I'd like to specify the composite in switchyard.xml for the whole EAR ... the JARs would be located in lib folder. Is it supposed to work? Because I got following exception in deployment time. (It doesn't matter what content (even empty switchyard element) the switchyard.xml contains - still the same exception)

14:15:38,985 INFO  [org.jboss.weld.deployer] (MSC service thread 1-2) JBAS016008: Starting weld service for deployment auditing.ear
      14:15:39,036 ERROR [org.jboss.msc.service.fail] (MSC service thread 1-6) MSC00001: Failed to start service jboss.deployment.unit."auditing.ear".SwitchYardService: org.jboss.msc.service.StartException in service jboss.deployment.unit."auditing.ear".SwitchYardService: Failed to start service
          at org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceControllerImpl$StartTask.run(ServiceControllerImpl.java:1767) [jboss-msc-1.0.2.GA.jar:1.0.2.GA]
          at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886) [rt.jar:1.6.0_26]
          at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908) [rt.jar:1.6.0_26]
          at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662) [rt.jar:1.6.0_26]
      Caused by: java.util.NoSuchElementException
          at java.util.ArrayDeque.removeFirst(ArrayDeque.java:251) [rt.jar:1.6.0_26]
          at java.util.ArrayDeque.pop(ArrayDeque.java:480) [rt.jar:1.6.0_26]
          at org.jboss.as.naming.util.ThreadLocalStack.pop(ThreadLocalStack.java:59)
          at org.jboss.as.naming.context.NamespaceContextSelector.popCurrentSelector(NamespaceContextSelector.java:57)
          at org.switchyard.as7.extension.services.SwitchYardService.start(SwitchYardService.java:87)
          at org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceControllerImpl$StartTask.startService(ServiceControllerImpl.java:1811) [jboss-msc-1.0.2.GA.jar:1.0.2.GA]
          at org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceControllerImpl$StartTask.run(ServiceControllerImpl.java:1746) [jboss-msc-1.0.2.GA.jar:1.0.2.GA]
          ... 3 more

I think there could be some practical use cases to have switchyard.xml in EAR but ... to be honest, I just want to exploit it to have particular components in JARs and have different EARs with various bindings, transformations, validations .... I know that it's not so SOA but the purpose would be just testing of the bindings, transformations, validations .... on the same components.

Thank you