4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 18, 2015 11:08 AM by kewlshashi

Business Administrator for a Task?

e3aa3b

Hi,

I noticed that there's an API for TaskClient:getTasksAssignedAsBusinessAdministrator

How can a user be assigned as a Business Administrator? Is there an attribute in a task which can be set to define all possible Business Administrators for that task? Is there a link/example that can be followed for understanding this concept?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Business Administrator for a Task?
          swiderski.maciej

currently business administrator is hard coded to user called Administrator. It was already enhanced and will be released with new version where you can specify custom business administrators.

HTH

• 2. Re: Business Administrator for a Task?
            e3aa3b

Is there a way to enhance/extend the functionality to include a group of users in the 'Administrator' role? (till the new version comes up)

• 3. Re: Business Administrator for a Task?
              swiderski.maciej

yes, since that is workitem handler you extend the exising one with your custom logic and register it instead of the one used by default.

HTH

• 4. Re: Business Administrator for a Task?
                kewlshashi

Do we know in  what version will this be available.  I want to assign a group as business administrator so that any person in that group can take action as adminstrator.

I am checking 6.1.0.Final and there we have option to set BusinessAdministratorGroupId but the actual API to retieve tasks "getTasksAssignedAsBusinessAdministrator" takes just userId while querying Database.

I see this in org.jbpm.services.task.commands.GetTaskAssignedAsBusinessAdminCommand class. See below method it takes just UserId . It would have been good if this can pass user's group Id

public List<TaskSummary> execute(Context cntxt) {

TaskContext context = (TaskContext) cntxt;

doCallbackUserOperation(userId, context);

doUserGroupCallbackOperation(userId, null, context);

return context.getTaskQueryService().getTasksAssignedAsBusinessAdministrator(userId);

}

Thanks