2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 13, 2014 6:53 PM by aleksczajka

How to access webservice deployed to jboss 5.1.0 GA

ptn77

Hello All,

Sorry for this Newbie question, but it's my first time deploying webservices on jboss. I have successfully deployed my webservice to jboss (No webservice deployment errors when I start jboss), but I can't seem to figure out how to access the service from the browser.

I've tried going to localhost:8080/jbossws under registered webservices, but did not see anything there.

I see in the jmx console under the web.deployment the .war file for my webservice is listed there.

I've also tried browsing to the url for my webservice listed in the wsdl, but got a page not found error.

I'm not sure what else I should check.

Any help is appreciated!!

Thanks in Advance!!

• 1. Re: How to access webservice deployed to jboss 5.1.0 GA
          ptn77

I wanted to post an update since no one responded to my question.

Even though I entered a url in my webservice wsdl, it was not the url used when I run the webservice in the eclipse IDE. I found that there's a file, org.eclipse.wst.common.component, that has the wb-module listing the deploy-name. I used this name in my url

"localhost:8080/deploy-name/webservicename" and I was able to access it.

This still doesn't explain why I am unable to see the service under the registered services in jboss. Anyone reading this post, if you have a link to instructions on how to setup the registered services in jboss, please post the link.

Thanks in advance!

• 2. Re: How to access webservice deployed to jboss 5.1.0 GA
            aleksczajka

any update on this? I can't do this either. trying everything. How do I access the service deployed by jBoss? No errors upon deploying and localhost:8080 goes to some standard red hat page.