2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 1, 2015 4:49 AM by zoi

BPMN 2.0 Modeler and Ad-Hoc processes

stevebattle

I've been using The BPMN 2.0 Modeler/Editor to design ad-hoc sub-processes. Eclipse Indigo, JBPM 5.4.Final. However, I've found recently that the new validation features of BPMN 2.0 Modeler report errors in ad-hoc sub-processes where there should be none. Within the context of an ad-hoc sub-process (or a process with adHoc="true"), the rules on incoming and outgoing sequence flows should be relaxed, allowing activities with no incoming or outgoing flows.

This is not a runtime issue, my ad-hoc processes execute as before. This is just an issue with validation. Is there a way to disable or configure validation to prevent these errors?

Thanks, Steve.

• 1. Re: BPMN 2.0 Modeler and Ad-Hoc processes
          stevebattle

I've answered my own question. BPMN2 validation can be disabled by not using the BPMN2 Project Nature. This project nature causes automatic validation of all BPMN2 files; many of these rules are 'over-eager' when it comes to validation of Ad-Hoc processes.

When saving edits to a diagram, do not add the BPMN2 Project Nature, causing automatic validation of all BPMN2 files.

Alternatively, disable this using: Properties > BPMN2 > Uncheck "Check if project is configured for BPMN2 Project Nature".

Steve.

• 2. Re: BPMN 2.0 Modeler and Ad-Hoc processes
            zoi

Hi Steve,

This is strange as I find this ' over-eager' restrictions also, for basic things like: "ExclusiveGateway should have only one outgoing SequenceFlow" warning

From other forum I have read how to disable it:

After upgrading bpmn2 modeler plugin to 1.1.2 the problem occurred.. After looking into the source, I found out that there is a (new) option in the bpmn2 preferences, that gets involved on validation. To get rid of the error message, you have to check the 'Allow multiple incoming/outgoning on Activities' option under BPMN2 > Editor > Behavior.

Otherwise it is a problem in release 1.1.2 and is fixed for 1.1.4 and 1.2.0 as in here

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/29152545/getting-data-output-has-no-data-type-on-any-signal-boundary-event

Zoran