1 2 Previous Next 22 Replies Latest reply on Jun 21, 2012 9:49 AM by shawkins Go to original post
      • 15. Re: importing google geolocation service as relational table
        gioppoluca

I'm on:

TEIID 8.0

Designer nightly build

AS 7.1.1

For the XML error that is the problem, thanks for the hint on how to create the limit.

Tomorrow I'll try.

Luca

• 16. Re: importing google geolocation service as relational table
          gioppoluca

Ok now I manage to deploy the VDB and run the query, but get null from the invokehttp/parseXML side.

The parse should be correct since if I call

I'm wondering if there is a way to see what teiid is doing is there a way to get a log of all the query execution to understand what are the intermediate result (the XML received by the invokehttp, thedata from the parsing etc.)?

Thanks

Luca

• 17. Re: importing google geolocation service as relational table
            rareddy

If you are using Squirrel it does not support SQLXML and show the XML results as NULL, so do not use it. Use a simple java class SimpleClient that comes in the Teiid examples to test. So, if you are using Squirrel then observations may be wrong. Individually execute queries and isolate the issue.

Teiid does not log data contents, but you can see the execution plan, look for "SHOW PLAN" in Client Developer's Guide.

Ramesh..

• 18. Re: importing google geolocation service as relational table
              gioppoluca

No I do not think that that could be the problem.

I have the same invokehttp ... the folowing code that generate a virtual table

SELECT

A.lat AS lat, A.lng AS lng

FROM

(EXEC elgoog.invokeHttp('GET', null, 'http://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/geocode/xml?address=1600+Amphitheatre+Parkway,+Mountain+View,+CA&sensor=true')) AS f, XMLTABLE('/GeocodeResponse' PASSING XMLPARSE(DOCUMENT f.result) COLUMNS lat string PATH 'result/geometry/location/lat/text()', lng string PATH 'result/geometry/location/lng/text()') AS A

That queryed by squirrel return the two columns with the correct data inside.

But when I execute this code:

SELECT

i.ID_INCIDENTE, i.PROVINCIA, i.COMUNE, l.TIPO_VIA, l.NOME_VIA, l.CIVICO, l.PROGRESSIVA_KM, (SELECT A.lat AS lat FROM (EXEC elgoog.invokeHttp('GET', null, QUERYSTRING('http://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/geocode/xml', ((((((((((l.CIVICO || ',') || l.TIPO_VIA) || ' ') || l.NOME_VIA) || ',') || i.COMUNE) || ',') || i.PROVINCIA) || ',') || 'Italy') AS address, 'true' AS sensor))) AS f, XMLTABLE('/GeocodeResponse' PASSING XMLPARSE(DOCUMENT f.result) COLUMNS lat string PATH 'result/geometry[0]/location/lat/text()', lng string PATH 'result/geometry[0]/location/lng/text()') AS A LIMIT 1) AS lat

FROM

SISS.SISS.SISS_T_INCIDENTI AS i, SISS.SISS.SISS_T_LOCALIZZ_INCIDENTE AS l

WHERE

i.FK_LOCALITA = l.ID_LOCALIZZAZIONE

The lat column that should represent the result of the invockehttp and xml parsing (it return the value of the node and not an XML chunk) is null.

I'm afreid that this is because data from external tables "i" and "l" do not get passed in the internal select.

Any hint?

Luca

• 19. Re: importing google geolocation service as relational table
                rareddy

I believe the error is in the XMLTABLE parsing. May be the indexing ([0]) logic and xml not matching?

• 20. Re: importing google geolocation service as relational table
                  gioppoluca

yes you where right ...

the correct indexing in xpath is [1] to get the first element and not [0]

Now I get the expected result and with good performances also, really nice.

Will try to produce some documentation.

By the way is it possible to have a virtual table that accept parameters so that I can make a join and not a subquery? This way I could return more than one column.

In this case the problem is that the web service behind is not a table and get values based on the current row of the relational table so creating a join is a bit quirky on me.

Thanks

Luca

• 21. Re: importing google geolocation service as relational table
                    gioppoluca

I've tryed to set the table as materialized in the table editor (setting it to true).

But I get this error do I make some errors?

11:56:58,421 ERROR [org.teiid.PROCESSOR] (Worker20_QueryProcessorQueue1136) TEIID30019 Unexpected exception for request rRZ074VTn20N.0: java.lang.NullPointerException

at org.teiid.query.optimizer.relational.RelationalPlanner.resolveVirtualGroup(RelationalPlanner.java:1233) [teiid-engine-8.0.0.Final.jar:8.0.0.Final]

at org.teiid.query.optimizer.relational.RelationalPlanner.buildTree(RelationalPlanner.java:836) [teiid-engine-8.0.0.Final.jar:8.0.0.Final]

at org.teiid.query.optimizer.relational.RelationalPlanner.createQueryPlan(RelationalPlanner.java:737) [teiid-engine-8.0.0.Final.jar:8.0.0.Final]

at org.teiid.query.optimizer.relational.RelationalPlanner.createQueryPlan(RelationalPlanner.java:696) [teiid-engine-8.0.0.Final.jar:8.0.0.Final]

at org.teiid.query.optimizer.relational.RelationalPlanner.generatePlan(RelationalPlanner.java:490) [teiid-engine-8.0.0.Final.jar:8.0.0.Final]

at org.teiid.query.optimizer.relational.RelationalPlanner.optimize(RelationalPlanner.java:180) [teiid-engine-8.0.0.Final.jar:8.0.0.Final]

at org.teiid.query.optimizer.QueryOptimizer.optimizePlan(QueryOptimizer.java:188) [teiid-engine-8.0.0.Final.jar:8.0.0.Final]

at org.teiid.dqp.internal.process.Request.generatePlan(Request.java:429) [teiid-engine-8.0.0.Final.jar:8.0.0.Final]

at org.teiid.dqp.internal.process.Request.processRequest(Request.java:449) [teiid-engine-8.0.0.Final.jar:8.0.0.Final]

at org.teiid.dqp.internal.process.RequestWorkItem.processNew(RequestWorkItem.java:534) [teiid-engine-8.0.0.Final.jar:8.0.0.Final]

at org.teiid.dqp.internal.process.RequestWorkItem.process(RequestWorkItem.java:278) [teiid-engine-8.0.0.Final.jar:8.0.0.Final]

at org.teiid.dqp.internal.process.AbstractWorkItem.run(AbstractWorkItem.java:49) [teiid-engine-8.0.0.Final.jar:8.0.0.Final]

at org.teiid.dqp.internal.process.RequestWorkItem.run(RequestWorkItem.java:217) [teiid-engine-8.0.0.Final.jar:8.0.0.Final]

at org.teiid.dqp.internal.process.DQPWorkContext.runInContext(DQPWorkContext.java:241) [teiid-engine-8.0.0.Final.jar:8.0.0.Final]

at org.teiid.dqp.internal.process.ThreadReuseExecutor$RunnableWrapper.run(ThreadReuseExecutor.java:118) [teiid-engine-8.0.0.Final.jar:8.0.0.Final]

at org.teiid.dqp.internal.process.ThreadReuseExecutor$3.run(ThreadReuseExecutor.java:288) [teiid-engine-8.0.0.Final.jar:8.0.0.Final]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:885) [rt.jar:1.6.0_04]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:907) [rt.jar:1.6.0_04]

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619) [rt.jar:1.6.0_04]

• 22. Re: importing google geolocation service as relational table
                      shawkins

Luca,

Could you do a trunk build or grab alpha2, which I'll post today or tomorrow.  8.0 has too many intervening issues.

> By the way is it possible to have a virtual table that accept parameters so that I can make a join and not a subquery?

You can also use nested table syntax, which allows you to do a sideways join:

select * from tbl, TABLE (call proc(tbl.col1, tbl2.col2)) as p

The contents of the table subquery can be any valid query expression, so you can just move your subquery there, but select all of the columns you want.

There is also the Teiid specific procedural relational syntax, which allows you to do a join between a procedure and table.  Just create a virtual proc that encapsulates what you are trying to call, then in your view reference the procedure by name:

select * from tbl, proc where proc.input1 = tbl.col1 and proc.input2 = tbl.col2

Steve

1 2 Previous Next