4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 5, 2013 1:03 AM by smartinbox

Jboss admin console password

izauddin

Hello,

After installation of jboss eap 5.1, I change the admin password for the admin console, but I cannot login to the

admin console using the new password. But I can login using the old password. The place where I change the

admin password is at :

1. server/default/deploy/management/console-mgr.sar/web-console.war/WEB-INF/classes/web-console-users.properties

2. server/default/conf/props/jmx-console-users.properties

I do this as per the document at :-

http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/JBoss_Enterprise_Application_Platform/5/html/Admin_Console_User_Guide/Admin_Console_User_Guide-Configure_the_Admin_Console.html#Adminstration_Console_User_Guide-Configuration-Security-Users_and_Roles

Is this the correct location to change the jboss web based admin console ?. When I do a grep on the old password

I found the old password is at the following place :-

1. server/web/conf/props/jmx-console-users.properties

2. server/default/deploy/messaging/messaging-jboss-beans.xml

3. server/production/deploy/management/console-mgr.sar/web-console.war/WEB-INF/classes/web-console-users.properties

4. server/production/conf/props/jmx-console-users.properties

5. server/all/deploy/messaging/messaging-jboss-beans.xml

6. server/all/deploy/management/console-mgr.sar/web-console.war/WEB-INF/classes/web-console-users.properties

7. server/all/conf/props/jmx-console-users.properties

8. server/standard/deploy/messaging/messaging-jboss-beans.xml

9. server/standard/conf/props/jmx-console-users.properties

Should I also change the password at the 9 places as per above. Is there easier way to change the admin password ?

Regards

Din