0 Replies Latest reply on May 24, 2012 1:36 PM by mksplg

SAML2AttributeHandler configuration and Roles

mksplg

Hi,

I'm using DatabaseServerLoginModule on the IDP side of picketlink and I try to provide some Attributes to the SP (Firstname, Lastname, email).

The SAML2AttributeHandler shows some strange behaviour.

When I add it to the configuration of the IDP

{code:xml}

<PicketLink xmlns="urn:picketlink:identity-federation:config:2.1">

<PicketLinkIDP xmlns="urn:picketlink:identity-federation:config:2.1">

<IdentityURL>${idp.url::http://localhost:8080/idp/}</IdentityURL>

<Trust>

<Domains>localhost</Domains>

</Trust>

</PicketLinkIDP>

<Handlers xmlns="urn:picketlink:identity-federation:handler:config:2.1">

<Handler

class="org.picketlink.identity.federation.web.handlers.saml2.SAML2LogOutHandler" />

<Handler

class="org.picketlink.identity.federation.web.handlers.saml2.SAML2AuthenticationHandler" />

<Handler

class="org.picketlink.identity.federation.web.handlers.saml2.SAML2AttributeHandler">

<Option Key="ATTRIBUTE_KEYS" Value="username,firstName,lastName,email,userRoles" />

<Option Key="ATTRIBUTE_MANAGER" Value="eu.myproject.idp.UserAttributeManager" />

</Handler>

<Handler

class="org.picketlink.identity.federation.web.handlers.saml2.RolesGenerationHandler" />

</Handlers>

</PicketLink>

{code}

the AttributeManager is not called at all. But when I add it as an attribute to the PicketLinkIDP element it is called twice.

{code:xml}

<PicketLink xmlns="urn:picketlink:identity-federation:config:2.1">

<PicketLinkIDP xmlns="urn:picketlink:identity-federation:config:2.1"

AttributeManager="eu.myproject.idp.UserAttributeManager">

<IdentityURL>${idp.url::http://localhost:8080/idp/}</IdentityURL>

{code}

- First from DelegatedAttributeManager.getAttributes(Principal, List<String>) with the logged in user principal and a lot of attributes I did not specify: [username, firstName, lastName, email, userRoles, mail, cn, commonname, givenname, surname, employeeType, employeeNumber, facsimileTelephoneNumber]

- Then from SAML2AttributeHandler.handleRequestType(SAML2HandlerRequest, SAML2HandlerResponse) with userPrincipal == null and only the attributes I specifed.

Also on the SP side, when I try to get the roles from the PolicyContext

{code}

Subject caller = (Subject) PolicyContext.getContext("javax.security.auth.Subject.container");

Set<Principal> principals = caller.getPrincipals();

{code}

I get a Principal called "Roles" that contains all roles plus all attributes.

I my configuration wrong or is this expected or a bug?

Cheers,

Markus