1 Reply Latest reply on May 29, 2012 9:50 AM by steljboss

Message delivery guarantee in JBoss ESB

hujunzhe

Hi all, I'm new to JBoss ESB product. I hope someone here can help me answer this question.

I'm evaluating JBoss SOA Platform 5.2 (I'll call it JBoss ESB in short) for my organization now. And I'm very concerned about its "Message Delivery Guarantee" capability when I came across its related document. It looks to me that JBoss ESB can only guarantee the message delivery by using JMS transportation. (You can see details in section 8.2.1. Message Loss at http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/JBoss_Enterprise_SOA_Platform/5/html/ESB_Programmers_Guide/chap-SOA_ESB_Programmers_Guide-Fault-tolerance_and_Reliability.html#id578388).

Here is the "Message Delivery Guarantee" requirement I'm trying to evaluate upon JBoss ESB. We have an application A sending a message to ESB through HTTP transportation, and ESB will delivery the message to receiver B and C through web service call. Everything is working fine if all systems are up. But for example, if receiver C is turned down, how ESB can guarantee that all messages that A sends to ESB will be re-delivered to receiver C once it's turned up again? I know I can develop some customer actions to support this with coding, but I'm wondering if JBoss ESB can support this just by its out-of-box configuration?

Here is the testing environment I setup, I downloaded SOA Platform 5.2 (not standard alone), it's running on JDK 1.6 64 bits, and I hook it up with a backend MS SQL Server 2008 database, OS is Windows server 2008 R2 64bits.

Please help me to figure this out, since this feature is very important for us. And it will lead us to the decision whether to use JBoss ESB or not.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated