1 Reply Latest reply on May 18, 2012 1:13 AM by urug

JBoss AS 7.1 custom login module - obtain client IP address

urug

I have a custom login module that has business logic tied to integration with other systems. It extends UsernamePasswordLoginModule. I need access to the source IP address of the received HTTP request (could be end client, or the last hop that inserted the IP). I used to do this using FacesContext.getCurrentInstance().getExternalContext().getRequest().getRemoteAddr(). However, in JBoss AS7.1, FacesContext is null. How can the IP address be retrieved? Is there a way to get access to the Tomcat (catalina) request object that (for some reason) is not passed through?

For reference - https://community.jboss.org/message/631116

Thanks

• 1. Re: JBoss AS 7.1 custom login module - obtain client IP address
          urug

Solved this by using a Catalina custom authenticator for Basic/Form and other types of authentication - overrode the authenticate method to set a ThreadLocal context that other components use further up the chain.

https://community.jboss.org/wiki/DRAFTUsingJBossNegotiationOnAS7

public class MyAuthenticator extends org.apache.catalina.authenticator.BasicAuthenticator

{

@Override

public boolean authenticate(Request request, HttpServletResponse response, LoginConfig config) throws IOException

{

MyServletContext.setContext(request, response);  // Servlet context stores ThreadLocal request/response for others to query/retrieve

try

{

return super.authenticate(request, response, config);

}

finally

{

MyServletContext.removeContext();

}

}

}

Message was edited by: Guru Somadder