3 Replies Latest reply on May 21, 2012 1:09 PM by vineet.reynolds

Arquillian and EAP6.0 Beta

danwardamentracom

I have been using Arquillian and AS7.0 / AS7.1 since August 2011.  Big Fan. Looooove it!  I am now upgrading Arquillain from 1.0.0.CR5 to 1.0.0.Final and AS from 7.1.0 to EAP6.0.0.Beta1.  Not going well.  Neither version of Arquillain can connect to EAP6.0.0.Beta1. The error aapears in the Arquillain side as it cannot connect to EAP6.  Nothing appears in the EAP6 log.

Here are some other items that are NOT changing:

• JAVA: 1.6.0_26
      • JUnit: 4.8.1

I was wonderng if anyone had any insite into this... and if there is a solution.

Thanx.

I have attached the MVN log in case this helps. Here is the summary:

4892 [Remoting "management-client" read-1] ERROR org.jboss.remoting.remote  - JBREM000200: Remote connection failed: javax.security.sasl.SaslException: No more authentication mechanisms to try
      4902 [main] ERROR org.jboss.as.arquillian.protocol.jmx.ArquillianServiceDeployer  - Cannot deploy arquillian service
      org.jboss.arquillian.container.spi.client.container.DeploymentException: Could not deploy to container
              at org.jboss.as.arquillian.container.ArchiveDeployer.deploy(ArchiveDeployer.java:58)
              at org.jboss.as.arquillian.container.CommonDeployableContainer.deploy(CommonDeployableContainer.java:113)
              at org.jboss.as.arquillian.protocol.jmx.ArquillianServiceDeployer.doServiceDeploy(ArquillianServiceDeployer.java:58)
      ... losts more
      Caused by: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: Operation failed
              at org.jboss.threads.AsyncFutureTask.operationFailed(AsyncFutureTask.java:74)
              at org.jboss.threads.AsyncFutureTask.get(AsyncFutureTask.java:268)
              at org.jboss.as.controller.client.impl.AbstractModelControllerClient$DelegatingCancellableAsyncFuture.get(AbstractModelControllerClient.java:414)
              at org.jboss.as.controller.client.impl.AbstractModelControllerClient$DelegatingCancellableAsyncFuture.get(AbstractModelControllerClient.java:366)
              at org.jboss.as.controller.client.helpers.standalone.impl.ServerDeploymentPlanResultFuture.get(ServerDeploymentPlanResultFuture.java:69)
              at org.jboss.as.controller.client.helpers.standalone.impl.ServerDeploymentPlanResultFuture.get(ServerDeploymentPlanResultFuture.java:42)
              at org.jboss.as.arquillian.container.ArchiveDeployer.executeDeploymentPlan(ArchiveDeployer.java:75)
              at org.jboss.as.arquillian.container.ArchiveDeployer.deploy(ArchiveDeployer.java:56)
              ... 105 more
      Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: JBAS012144: Could not connect to remote://127.0.0.1:9999. Make sure the server is running.
              at org.jboss.as.protocol.ProtocolChannelClient.connect(ProtocolChannelClient.java:139)
              at org.jboss.as.protocol.mgmt.ManagementClientChannelStrategy$Establishing.getChannel(ManagementClientChannelStrategy.java:128)
              at org.jboss.as.protocol.mgmt.ManagementRequest$1.run(ManagementRequest.java:101)
              at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
              at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
              at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
      Caused by: javax.security.sasl.SaslException: No more authentication mechanisms to try
              at org.jboss.remoting3.remote.ClientConnectionOpenListener$Capabilities.handleEvent(ClientConnectionOpenListener.java:301)
              at org.jboss.remoting3.remote.ClientConnectionOpenListener$Capabilities.handleEvent(ClientConnectionOpenListener.java:200)
              at org.xnio.ChannelListeners.invokeChannelListener(ChannelListeners.java:72)
              at org.xnio.channels.TranslatingSuspendableChannel.handleReadable(TranslatingSuspendableChannel.java:179)
              at org.xnio.channels.TranslatingSuspendableChannel$2.handleEvent(TranslatingSuspendableChannel.java:100)
              at org.xnio.channels.TranslatingSuspendableChannel$2.handleEvent(TranslatingSuspendableChannel.java:98)
              at org.xnio.ChannelListeners.invokeChannelListener(ChannelListeners.java:72)
              at org.xnio.nio.NioHandle.run(NioHandle.java:90)
              at org.xnio.nio.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread.java:184)
              at ...asynchronous invocation...(Unknown Source)
              at org.jboss.remoting3.EndpointImpl.doConnect(EndpointImpl.java:263)
              at org.jboss.remoting3.EndpointImpl.doConnect(EndpointImpl.java:246)
              at org.jboss.remoting3.EndpointImpl.connect(EndpointImpl.java:353)
              at org.jboss.remoting3.EndpointImpl.connect(EndpointImpl.java:337)
              at org.jboss.as.protocol.ProtocolChannelClient.connect(ProtocolChannelClient.java:133)
              ... 5 more
      5001 [Remoting "management-client" read-1] ERROR org.jboss.remoting.remote  - JBREM000200: Remote connection failed: javax.security.sasl.SaslException: No more authentication mechanisms to try

• 1. Re: Arquillian and EAP6.0 Beta
          vineet.reynolds

This looks like you need to create a management user in EAP6. I've been using EAP6 Beta1 for a couple of weeks now with Arquillian (using the AS 7.1.0 Final adapter though).

• 2. Re: Arquillian and EAP6.0 Beta
            danwardamentracom

We have added a management user.  Is there a particular user it is looking for? we have user admin with password admin123.

What do you mean by "using the AS 7.1.0 Final adapter" ???  Please enlighten me.

• 3. Re: Arquillian and EAP6.0 Beta
              vineet.reynolds

I'm not sure why you get that error despite adding the management user. If you're using EAP6 as the remote container, I hope you've added the username and password in arquillian.xml like:

<container qualifier="jboss7-remote">
                    <configuration>
                        <property name="managementAddress">127.0.0.1</property>
                        <property name="managementPort">9999</property>
                        <property name="username">admin</property>
                        <property name="password">admin123</property>
                    </configuration>
              </container>

I just noticed the AS7 remote container configuration here does not mention the properties associated with the credentials. I'll get this corrected.

Also, I use the org.jboss.as:jboss-as-arquillian-container-remote:7.1.0.Final artifact from the jboss-public group since I didnt notice a separate artifact for Arquillian in the EAP6 Maven repository.