1 2 3 Previous Next 31 Replies Latest reply on Mar 8, 2013 4:11 PM by ctomc Go to original post Branched from an earlier discussion.
      • 15. Re: Failed to build AS7 from source/tag
        juergen.zimmermann

I'll try to compile with a fresh maven repo. However, I'm not sure whether it will be today or maybe tomorrow.

• 16. Re: Failed to build AS7 from source/tag
          thomas.diesler

This test verifies the we can install an osgi capability from a maven repository. It first checks your local repository for the felix eventadmin - if not there it tries to download the artifact from a remote maven repository

16:47:58,504 INFO  [org.jboss.osgi.repository.core.RepositoryImpl] (pool-4-thread-1) find providers for: [AbstractRequirement[atts={maven.identity=org.apache.felix:org.apache.felix.eventadmin:jar:1.2.6},[anonymous]]]

16:48:40,767 INFO  [org.jboss.osgi.repository.core.RepositoryImpl] (pool-4-thread-1) found matching caps: []

You could enable DEBUG server log to see why it cannot find/download the artifact.

• 17. Re: Failed to build AS7 from source/tag
            ctomc

Hi,

about this SimpleRepositoryTestCase error, can you post more info about it? test output or what the error was.

I saw this error in one of builds on hudson but i cannot reproduce it on my win7 64 instalation. i would love to take a look into why it is failing for you so it  can be fixed.

--

tomaz

• 18. Re: Failed to build AS7 from source/tag

At work (behind an HTTP proxy) the smoke.osgi.SimpleRepositoryTestCase is also failing for me. At home (direct connection) it succeeds. Don't know if it's really proxy related. Both environments are Linux. So it's not Windows specific.

testRepositoryService(org.jboss.as.test.smoke.osgi.SimpleRepositoryTestCase)  Time elapsed: 43.564 sec  <<< FAILURE!
              java.lang.AssertionError: Capability not null expected:<1> but was:<0>

• 19. Re: Failed to build AS7 from source/tag
                ctomc

Frank hi,

I had different test failure in mind for that it was windows issue..., but this is also a problem.

I am trying to reproduce this problem on win7 64bit sun jdk 6u31 and centos6 32bit jdk6u32 but i cannot..

building as7 using jdk7 has some issues...

can you try with jdk6?

• 20. Re: Failed to build AS7 from source/tag
                  nickarls

I compiled 7.1.2 on a Win 7 yesterday with 1.6.0_23 and it worked for me...

• 21. Re: Failed to build AS7 from source/tag

I always build using jdk6.

• 22. Re: Failed to build AS7 from source/tag
                      guinotphil

Hello,

Does anyone else have an issue with org.jboss.as.controller.CompositeOperationHandlerUnitTestCase when building AS 7.1.2.Final ?

Thanks

• 23. Re: Failed to build AS7 from source/tag
                        ctomc

Hi,

CompositeOperationHandlerUnitTestCase tests pass without any problems...

What jdk/maven versions are you using?

you need maven 3.0.3 (or use one that is part of build)

and sun jdk6

--

tomaz

• 24. Re: Failed to build AS7 from source/tag
                          guinotphil

Apache Maven 3.0.1 (r1038046; 2010-11-23 11:58:32+0100)

Java version: 1.6.0_30

Java home: C:\DEV\jdk64\jre

Default locale: fr_FR, platform encoding: Cp1252

OS name: "windows 7" version: "6.1" arch: "amd64" Family: "windows"

Will try to upgrade my Maven version, and let you know. Thank you very much.

• 25. Re: Failed to build AS7 from source/tag
                            guinotphil

Updated to Maven 3.0.4.

I'm afraid, I still got the same issue:

Results :

Failed tests:   testModelStageUnhandledFailure(org.jboss.as.controller.CompositeOperationHandlerUnitTestCase)

testModelStageUnhandledFailureNonRecursive(org.jboss.as.controller.CompositeOperationHandlerUnitTestCase)

testModelStageUnhandledFailureNoRollback(org.jboss.as.controller.CompositeOperationHandlerUnitTestCase)

testModelStageUnhandledFailureNoRollbackNonRecursive(org.jboss.as.controller.CompositeOperationHandlerUnitTestCase)

testRuntimeStageFailed(org.jboss.as.controller.CompositeOperationHandlerUnitTestCase)

testRuntimeStageFailedNonRecursive(org.jboss.as.controller.CompositeOperationHandlerUnitTestCase)

testRuntimeStageUnhandledFailureNoRollback(org.jboss.as.controller.CompositeOperationHandlerUnitTestCase)

testRuntimeStageUnhandledFailureNoRollbackNonRecursive(org.jboss.as.controller.CompositeOperationHandlerUnitTestCase)

Tests run: 249, Failures: 8, Errors: 0, Skipped: 12

• 26. Re: Failed to build AS7 from source/tag
                              thomas.diesler
                              • 27. Re: Failed to build AS7 from source/tag
                                centecbertl

guinotphil schrieb:

Hello,

Does anyone else have an issue with org.jboss.as.controller.CompositeOperationHandlerUnitTestCase when building AS 7.1.2.Final ?

Thanks

This and a view more faiulres occur if in your build environment the default Locale is not configured to "en" language.

example:  in CompositeOperationHandlerUnitTestCase:210 (current jboss 7.1 branch) there is a check on the expected outcome failure-description of an ModelController invocation

assertTrue(description.contains(" and was rolled back."));

The accoring error message has been translated to german:

"JBAS014653: Zusammengesetzte Operation ist fehlgeschlagen und wurde zurückgesetzt. Die Schritte die fehlgeschlagen sind: " => {"Operation step-2" => "handleFailed"}

resulting in the assertion error.

• 28. Re: Failed to build AS7 from source/tag
                                  pedrolamarao

After struggling with test suite failures and stumbling upon this thread, I have obtained success in building the 7.1 branch with the following command line:

build.bat install "-DargLine=-Duser.region=en"

in Windows 7 64 bits + default locale pt_BR + Oracle JDK 1.7.0 u17.

• 29. Re: Failed to build AS7 from source/tag
                                    jaikiran

Pedro Lamarão wrote:

build.bat install "-DargLine=-Duser.region=en"

in Windows 7 64 bits + default locale pt_BR + Oracle JDK 1.7.0 u17.

What failures were you seeing without setting those arguments? I think we have fixed some issues in this area post-7.1, but want to make sure there aren't others.