6 Replies Latest reply: May 11, 2012 5:55 AM by Tomaz Cerar RSS

Failed to process phase STRUCTURE of deployment "specj.ear"

gatla srinivasareddy Newbie

i am trying to deploy specj.ear file in Jboss As7. In jboss-deployment-structure.xml file i define all the necessary modules and sub-modules in the file. when i try to deploy server is throwing following error

16:23:07,382 INFO  [org.jboss.as.repository] (HttpManagementService-threads - 8) JBAS014901: Content removed from location /home/performance/jboss-as-7.1.1.Final/standalone/data/content/25/2abae2340dc338c63e5fd182c24ae99f1a84ed/content

16:23:14,207 INFO  [org.jboss.as.repository] (HttpManagementService-threads - 8) JBAS014900: Content added at location /home/performance/jboss-as-7.1.1.Final/standalone/data/content/25/2abae2340dc338c63e5fd182c24ae99f1a84ed/content

16:23:18,380 INFO  [org.jboss.as.server.deployment] (MSC service thread 1-16) JBAS015876: Starting deployment of "specj.ear"

16:23:18,531 ERROR [org.jboss.msc.service.fail] (MSC service thread 1-11) MSC00001: Failed to start service jboss.deployment.unit."specj.ear".STRUCTURE: org.jboss.msc.service.StartException in service jboss.deployment.unit."specj.ear".STRUCTURE: Failed to process phase STRUCTURE of deployment "specj.ear"

at org.jboss.as.server.deployment.DeploymentUnitPhaseService.start(DeploymentUnitPhaseService.java:119) [jboss-as-server-7.1.1.Final.jar:7.1.1.Final]

at org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceControllerImpl$StartTask.startService(ServiceControllerImpl.java:1811) [jboss-msc-1.0.2.GA.jar:1.0.2.GA]

at org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceControllerImpl$StartTask.run(ServiceControllerImpl.java:1746) [jboss-msc-1.0.2.GA.jar:1.0.2.GA]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1110) [rt.jar:1.7.0_03]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:603) [rt.jar:1.7.0_03]

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722) [rt.jar:1.7.0_03]

Caused by: org.jboss.as.server.deployment.DeploymentUnitProcessingException: Sub deployment deployment.specj.ear in jboss-structure.xml was not found. Available sub deployments: specj.war, supplier.war, specj.jar,

at org.jboss.as.server.deployment.module.descriptor.DeploymentStructureDescriptorParser.subDeploymentNotFound(DeploymentStructureDescriptorParser.java:233) [jboss-as-server-7.1.1.Final.jar:7.1.1.Final]

at org.jboss.as.server.deployment.module.descriptor.DeploymentStructureDescriptorParser.deploy(DeploymentStructureDescriptorParser.java:159) [jboss-as-server-7.1.1.Final.jar:7.1.1.Final]

at org.jboss.as.server.deployment.DeploymentUnitPhaseService.start(DeploymentUnitPhaseService.java:113) [jboss-as-server-7.1.1.Final.jar:7.1.1.Final]

... 5 more

16:23:18,537 INFO  [org.jboss.as.server] (HttpManagementService-threads - 8) JBAS015870: Deploy of deployment "specj.ear" was rolled back with failure message {"JBAS014671: Failed services" => {"jboss.deployment.unit.\"specj.ear\".STRUCTURE" => "org.jboss.msc.service.StartException in service jboss.deployment.unit.\"specj.ear\".STRUCTURE: Failed to process phase STRUCTURE of deployment \"specj.ear\""}}

16:23:18,539 INFO  [org.jboss.as.server.deployment] (MSC service thread 1-14) JBAS015877: Stopped deployment specj.ear in 1ms

16:23:18,542 INFO  [org.jboss.as.controller] (HttpManagementService-threads - 8) JBAS014774: Service status report

JBAS014777:   Services which failed to start:      service jboss.deployment.unit."specj.ear".STRUCTURE: org.jboss.msc.service.StartException in service jboss.deployment.unit."specj.ear".STRUCTURE: Failed to process phase STRUCTURE of deployment "specj.ear"

Attachment my jboss-deployment-structure.xml file. Does some thing is wrong in the file or what should i do to get rif of this error ?

Any help will be greatly appriciated

• 1. Re: Failed to process phase STRUCTURE of deployment "specj.ear"
    Tomaz Cerar Master

Hi,

can you post the structure of ear?

the fastest way to achive this is to post output of

jar tf <name-of-your.ear>

cheers,

tomaz

• 2. Re: Failed to process phase STRUCTURE of deployment "specj.ear"

Hi Tomaz

thak you very much for your quick reply. he re is the directory structure for specj.ear file

META-INF/

META-INF/MANIFEST.MF

META-INF/jboss-app.xml

specj-hornetq-jms.xml

lib/

META-INF/application.xml

META-INF/jboss-deployment-structure.xml

lib/generated-ws-buyer.jar

specj.jar

specj.war

supplier.war

• 3. Re: Failed to process phase STRUCTURE of deployment "specj.ear"
    Tomaz Cerar Master

What exacly are you trying to achive?

as jboss-deployment-structure.xml you attached is horibly wrong for app layout you have

are you tring to add dependancy to already deployed ear (spec.ear) or what is your goal here?

what happens if you just remove jboss-deployment-structure.xml from your application and try again?

--

tomaz

• 4. Re: Failed to process phase STRUCTURE of deployment "specj.ear"

Dear Thomas,

yes I guess it is horribly wrong but it is the first time I do something like that!

I had a JBossAS5 application from a third party and I'm trying to make it work on JBossAS7.

What I'm trying to do is the following:

1. Deploying on JBossAS7 without changing anything I got:

java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method) [rt.jar:1.7.0_03]

So I changed my jboss-app.xml file to delete the dependency from the jboss-mysql-ds.xml

(as the DS configuration has changed AS5->AS7).

2. Deploying again on JBossAS7

:38:27,977 Information [org.apache.cxf.service.factory.ReflectionServiceFactoryBean] (MSC service thread 1-14) Creating Service {http://session.mfg.ejb.jent.spec.org/}WorkOrderSessionService from WSDL: META-INF/wsdl/WorkOrderSessionService.wsdl

12:38:28,802 WARN  [org.jboss.modules] (MSC service thread 1-1) Failed to define class oasis.names.specification.ubl.schema.xsd.unspecializeddatatypes_1.MeasureType in Module "deployment.specj.ear:main" from Service Module Loader: java.lang.ClassFormatError: Truncated class file

at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method) [rt.jar:1.7.0_03]

In the JBoss forum people say that is due to ant configuration because in the build.xml file the duplicate default values is set to "add" and we need it to "preserve", I changed it.

3. Deploying again on JBossAS7 I got:

Caused by: org.jboss.msc.service.DuplicateServiceException: Service jboss.web.deployment.default-host./specj.realm is already registered

application.xml and we change the context-root as following:

<module>

<web>

<web-uri>specj.war</web-uri>

<context-root>specj-specj</context-root> <!--previously was only specj-->

</web>

</module>

But I obtained again the "java.lang.ClassFormatError: Truncated class file".

4. That's why I added the jboss-deployment-structure.xml file. (Now I'm getting the error that I showed you!)

I guess it is wrong I never done this kind of stuff (I also think there could be an error in the way I'm adding all

the jars that I need from JBossAS5 to AS7)!

Thanks

Gatla

• 5. Re: Failed to process phase STRUCTURE of deployment "specj.ear"
    Tomaz Cerar Master

Hey,

ClassFormatError would indicate that some class in deployment is broken/corrupt and giving deployment extra dependancies won't help.

can you add to JAVA_OPTS extra parameter -verbose:class this will give you extra logging on which classes is jvm trying to load so we can find out which one is broken.

--

tomaz

• 6. Re: Failed to process phase STRUCTURE of deployment "specj.ear"
    Tomaz Cerar Master

hi,

There is a problem in specj distro..

for more read here:

https://community.jboss.org/message/734990#734990