1 2 Previous Next 19 Replies Latest reply on Oct 22, 2012 5:49 AM by smswamy Go to original post
      • 15. Re: JMS Queue cluster Configuration in JBOSS AS 7.1.0 but not using HornetQ
        smswamy

Justin, I tried the same..Created two nodes in the same system. Passed message from one node and received in the other node. But we may have distributed systems. Why is it not working if I do it in 2 different systems. ? Can you please try and confirm

Also, you didnt answer one of my earlier question,

Also you had said "If you want the server to listen on 0.0.0.0 then just pass "-b 0.0.0.0" on the command line when you start JBoss AS." Hope you are trying to say bind the server to the localhost or the specific instance on the local host.

Is there an option for specifying hostname and port number for connector during Jboss AS 7.1.0 start.?

Thanks!!

• 16. Re: JMS Queue cluster Configuration in JBOSS AS 7.1.0 but not using HornetQ
          jbertram

But we may have distributed systems. Why is it not working if I do it in 2 different systems. ? Can you please try and confirm

Yes, of course your systems will be distributed across physical machines.  Under normal circumstances I believe this should work without issue, just like when running on different interfaces on the same machine.  At the moment I don't have multiple machines to test this on, but I believe this is tested during QA.  This leads me to believe your problem is something environmental.

Also you had said "If you want the server to listen on 0.0.0.0 then just pass "-b 0.0.0.0" on the command line when you start JBoss AS." Hope you are trying to say bind the server to the localhost or the specific instance on the local host.

My comment about 0.0.0.0 was regarding the extra acceptor you had configured.  It wasn't clear why you had added that.  I assumed it was because you wanted the acceptor to bind to 0.0.0.0.  If so, you don't need to add such an acceptor, you simply need to pass "-b 0.0.0.0" on the command line when you start JBoss AS.

Is there an option for specifying hostname and port number for connector during Jboss AS 7.1.0 start.?

There doesn't appear to be because the "value" fields for <param> don't support system property substitution at this point.

• 17. Re: JMS Queue cluster Configuration in JBOSS AS 7.1.0 but not using HornetQ
            smswamy

Still not success Justin. I tried out both Multicast and Static Connnectors in Standalone mode with different physical servers. When you said, there may be environmental issues ....I switched off the firewalls in both the systems and tried. Still the messages are not load balanced between different physical servers. I have started thinking other ways tooo...

(1) I am using MacOS, can there be any issues due to that

(2) Any other enviromental issues you can think of, you want me to check in my systems

(3) Instead of using standalone-full-ha.xml I just copy pasted the hornetq-server cluster things into my standalone.xml and tried. Can there be any issues due to that.

still I dont understand, why the system says cluster is connected and not load balancing the messages.

• 18. Re: JMS Queue cluster Configuration in JBOSS AS 7.1.0 but not using HornetQ
              smswamy

If you have any working code(along with configurations) for Multicast/Static Connectors, will you please able to share me or any link having a working example (along with configurations) ?

• 19. Re: JMS Queue cluster Configuration in JBOSS AS 7.1.0 but not using HornetQ
                smswamy

I figured out this issue.

To whomever facing similar issue,

(1) Please make sure IGMP protocol is enabled in your system and also make sure you dont have any firewall configured that removes the mulicast pacets from your network.

(2) If you are using a Mac system, please disable stealth mode settings/firewall configurations.

Also, I have shared the multicast cluster configuration in this discussion https://community.jboss.org/thread/203252?start=15&tstart=0

Thanks.

1 2 Previous Next