2 Replies Latest reply on May 1, 2012 9:31 AM by cbapiaz

JBoss ESB Can't Run HelloWorld Sample application

cbapiaz

I'm really lost and need a little help here, i'm trying to configure a JBoss ESB Server on a Windows 7, i'm pretty new to jboss esb and jboss itself.. and not much of a java guru... all i wan't to do is run a sample test application like a "helloworld" to see everything is working fine. And i can't even do that... i run "ant deploy" on samples\quickstarts\helloworld and it says is deployed correctly... but then i try to run "ant runtest" from the same directory and i have an ugly exception....

• Output when deployed.

[echo] ******************

[echo] Quickstart deployed to target JBoss ESB/App Server at 'B:\jbossesb-s

rver-4.10\server\default\deploy'.

[echo] 1.  Check your ESB Server console to make sure the deployment was ex

cuted without errors.

[echo] 2.  Run 'ant runtest' to run the Quickstart.

[echo] 3.  Check your ESB Server console again.  The Quickstart should have

produced some output.

[echo] ******************

• Exception when running "ant runtest"

Compile:

[javac] B:\jbossesb-server-4.10\samples\quickstarts\conf\base-build.xml:448:

warning: 'includeantruntime' was not set, defaulting to build.sysclasspath=last

; set to false for repeatable builds

[javac] B:\jbossesb-server-4.10\samples\quickstarts\conf\base-build.xml:453:

warning: 'includeantruntime' was not set, defaulting to build.sysclasspath=last

; set to false for repeatable builds

runtest:

[echo] Runs Test JMS Sender

[java] Exception in thread "main" javax.naming.CommunicationException: Coul

d not obtain connection to any of these urls: 127.0.0.1:1099 and discovery faile

d with error: javax.naming.CommunicationException: Receive timed out [Root excep

tion is java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Receive timed out] [Root exception is j

avax.naming.CommunicationException: Failed to connect to server 127.0.0.1:1099 [

Root exception is javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException: Failed to connect to

server 127.0.0.1:1099 [Root exception is java.net.ConnectException: Connection

refused: connect]]]

[java]     at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.checkRef(NamingContext.java:

1562)

[java]     at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:63

4)

[java]     at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:62

7)

[java]     at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:411)

[java]     at org.jboss.soa.esb.samples.quickstart.helloworld.test.SendJMSM

essage.setupConnection(SendJMSMessage.java:52)

[java]     at org.jboss.soa.esb.samples.quickstart.helloworld.test.SendJMSM

essage.main(SendJMSMessage.java:81)

[java] Caused by: javax.naming.CommunicationException: Failed to connect to

server 127.0.0.1:1099 [Root exception is javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableExcepti

on: Failed to connect to server 127.0.0.1:1099 [Root exception is java.net.Conne

ctException: Connection refused: connect]]

[java]     at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.getServer(NamingContext.java

:274)

[java]     at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.checkRef(NamingContext.java:

1533)

[java]     ... 5 more

[java] Caused by: javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException: Failed to conne

ct to server 127.0.0.1:1099 [Root exception is java.net.ConnectException: Connec

tion refused: connect]

:248)

[java]     ... 6 more

[java] Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect

[java]     at java.net.DualStackPlainSocketImpl.connect0(Native Method)

[java]     at java.net.DualStackPlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(DualStackPlai

nSocketImpl.java:69)

[java]     at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(AbstractPlainSocke

tImpl.java:339)

[java]     at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(AbstractPla

inSocketImpl.java:200)

[java]     at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(AbstractPlainSocketI

mpl.java:182)

[java]     at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:157)

[java]     at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:391)

[java]     at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:579)

[java]     at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:528)

[java]     at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:425)

[java]     at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:319)

[java]     at org.jnp.interfaces.TimedSocketFactory.createSocket(TimedSocke

tFactory.java:84)

[java]     at org.jnp.interfaces.TimedSocketFactory.createSocket(TimedSocke

tFactory.java:77)

:244)

[java]     ... 6 more

BUILD FAILED

B:\jbossesb-server-4.10\samples\quickstarts\helloworld\build.xml:15: Java return

ed: 1

Total time: 8 seconds

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I downloaded the jbossesb-server-4.10.zip from the downloads page.

I have the java sdk, i have set the java_home path and the ant_home path.

I find the learning curve for this such a hazzle.. things like this should't be more easy to deploy and configure??? why can't it be so easy to test a hello world as doing 2 or 3 steps??? can it be done something about this???

I'm really annoyed cuz i can't get nothing to work. And i really need to deploy functionalities and services on an jboss esb server....

thanks a lot ,

Sebastian.