1 Reply Latest reply on May 11, 2012 4:04 PM by fenris_uy

aop configurable MailListener

fenris_uy

Hi, I have the following MailListener in JBoss 5.1

{code}@MessageDriven(activationConfig={

@ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName="mailServer", propertyValue="serverurl"),

@ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName="mailFolder", propertyValue="INBOX"),

@ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName="storeProtocol", propertyValue="imaps"),

@ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName="userName", propertyValue="userName"),

@ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName="password", propertyValue="password")

})

@ResourceAdapter("mail-ra.rar")

public class MailListenerMDB implements MailListener {{code}

That listens correctly for incoming email. Now I need to have the MDB configurable for deployment in development and/or production.

Acording to the tutorials I have seen online I should be able to configure it doing this.

{code}@MessageDriven

@ResourceAdapter("mail-ra.rar")

@AspectDomain("MailDrivenBean")

public class MailListenerMDB implements MailListener {{code:xml}

With a file MailDB-aop.xml on my deploy folder that reads like this

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<aop xmlns="urn:jboss:aop-beans:1.0">

<domain name="MailDrivenBean" extends="Message Driven Bean" inheritBindings="true">

<annotation expr="!class(@org.jboss.ejb3.annotation.DefaultActivationSpecs)">

@org.jboss.ejb3.annotation.DefaultActivationSpecs (value={@javax.ejb.ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName="mailServer", propertyValue="serverUrl"), @javax.ejb.ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName="mailFolder", propertyValue="INBOX"), @javax.ejb.ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName="storeProtocol", propertyValue="imaps"),@javax.ejb.ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName="userName", propertyValue="userName"), @javax.ejb.ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName="password", propertyValue="password")})

</annotation>

</domain>

</aop>

But when I deploy my modified MailListener I get this error

DEPLOYMENTS IN ERROR:

Deployment "jboss.j2ee:jar=FactElect_External.jar,name=MailListenerMDB,service=EJB3" is in error due to the following reason(s): org.jboss.deployers.spi.DeploymentException: Required config property RequiredConfigPropertyMetaData@72cff6b[name=mailFolder descriptions=[DescriptionMetaData@d1c5bb0[language=en]]] for messagingType 'org.jboss.resource.adapter.mail.inflow.MailListener' not found in activation config [] ra=jboss.jca:service=RARDeployment,name='mail-ra.rar'

Any idea of what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks.

Message was edited by: Fabricio González

Solved some markup problems

• 1. Re: aop configurable MailListener
          fenris_uy

Didn't managed to do this with AOP but managed to configure my MailListener with properties.

I did it by setting the activationConfigs of this MDB in an XML descriptor. In which I used ${properties} that I setted with the PropertiesServices using a -service.xml file on my Deploy directory.

Example of this files

<ejb-jar xmlns:ejb="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/ejb-jar_3_0.xsd" version="3.0">

<enterprise-beans>

<message-driven>

<ejb-name>MailDrivenBean</ejb-name>

<ejb-class>com.antel.dti.factelect.maillistener.MailListenerMDB</ejb-class>

<activation-config>

<activation-config-property>

<activation-config-property-name>userName</activation-config-property-name>

<activation-config-property-value>${proyect.email.userName}</activation-config-property-value>

.... SNIP ....

----------------------------------------------------

<server>

<mbean code="org.jboss.varia.property.SystemPropertiesService" name="pcf:service=MyProperties">

<attribute name="Properties">

proyect.email.userName=MYUSER

</attribute>

</mbean>

</server>

1 of 1 people found this helpful