0 Replies Latest reply on Apr 20, 2012 10:34 AM by sreejb00s

Configuration and deployment of a custom IdentityLoginModule

sreejb00s

Hi,

I am new to JBoss AS and to Jboss user community!!  hoping  to get a solution/workaround for this issue that I am facing now!!

I am looking for more information on configuration and deployment of a custom IdentityLoginModule Implementation on Jboss4.2.3. I am able to use the built-in SecurityIdentityModule with out any issues and also able to test it with a small web app to get data from a configured data source in JBoss.I packaged (org.company.resource.security) a customLoginModule (which is a simulated version of SecurityIdentityLoginModule which extends AbstractPasswordCredentialLoginModule) to a jar and placed it in to 'server/default/lib/# ' folder. Modified the login-config.xml as mentioned below.

<application-policy name = "EncryptedPDABRealm"> 

<authentication>

<login-module code = "org.company.resource.security.TestSecureIdentityLoginModule" flag = "required">

<module-option name = "username">postgres</module-option>

<module-option name = "password">5dfc52b51bd355534dbeb76c8eb69f3a</module-option>

<module-option name = "managedConnectionFactoryName">jboss.jca:service=LocalTxCM,name=PostgresDS</module-option>

</login-module>

</authentication>

</application-policy>

After above changes, when I restarted the JBossAS to test customLoginModule from the web application( that I mentioned above) I got an error page with http status 500 and exception as mentioned below. 

"org.apache.jasper.JasperException: javax.servlet.ServletException: javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Unable to get connection, DataSource invalid: "java.lang.SecurityException: Invalid authentication attempt, principal=null"

Any help would be really appreciated!! Thank you in advance!!

-SaiSri.