2 Replies Latest reply on May 17, 2012 12:17 PM by pferraro

Jboss 7 cluster node name..

pragnyas

Hi Gurus,

With all the help from the community I was able to make my first Jboss 7.1 cluster..

However when I give use my mod_cluster-manager from apache.. am seeing some random node name assigned to it.. how do I set my own node name so it would be ready for me to manage ?

Node f20ccfcd-f8b3-39c9-aaf9-01db165a9e4a (http://10.172.19.24:8330):

is what I get instead I woudl liek to see a

Node JBoss-AS7-S2

how can i mak eit happen on JBoss 7.1 cluster ?

S

• 1. Re: Jboss 7 cluster node name..
          yweintraub

Hi Fan,

You can set the instance-id attribute in the web subsystem - otherwise a guid (or is it a uuid??) will be generated (which is what you're seeing now).

I've been using jboss.node.name as the instance-id value, since I already set that for other reasons in my environment, as shown below.

<subsystem xmlns="urn:jboss:domain:web:1.1" default-virtual-server="default-host" instance-id="${jboss.node.name}" native="false">

Then, when you start your server, you include the jboss.node.name as a system property, and mod_cluster will then use that name, for example.

./standalone.sh -Djboss.node.name=JBoss-AS7-S2 -c=standalone-ha.xml

You can, of course, also simply code an actuall value into the configuration file if that's easier for you.

<subsystem xmlns="urn:jboss:domain:web:1.1" default-virtual-server="default-host" instance-id="JBoss-AS7-S2" native="false">

• 2. Re: Jboss 7 cluster node name..
            pferraro

On top of what Yaakov already mentioned, the default JvmRouteFactory in mod_cluster will look for a jboss.mod_cluster.jvmRoute system property, and if not found, will autogenerate one using a UUID.

e.g.

./standalone.sh -Djboss.mod_cluster.jvmRoute=JBoss-AS7-S2 -c standalone-ha.xml

An instance-id, if defined, will always take precedence.