2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 2, 2012 8:16 PM by jfuerth

Error building current source repository

jdestef

Hi,

Having an issue building the current source from git. Seems to be around the surefire plugin and a version mismatch. The error is:

INFO] --- maven-compiler-plugin:2.3.2:testCompile (default-testCompile) @ errai-bus-demos-stress-test ---

[INFO] Compiling 3 source files to /Users/johndestefano/git/errai/errai-bus/demos/bus-stress-test/target/test-classes

[INFO]

[INFO] --- maven-surefire-plugin:2.7.2:test (default-test) @ errai-bus-demos-stress-test ---

[WARNING] The POM for org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-surefire-plugin:jar:2.7.2 is invalid, transitive dependencies (if any) will not be available, enable debug logging for more details

Mar 31, 2012 10:15:03 AM org.sonatype.guice.bean.reflect.NamedClass

WARNING: Error injecting: org.apache.maven.plugin.surefire.SurefirePlugin

java.lang.TypeNotPresentException: Type org.apache.maven.plugin.surefire.SurefirePlugin not present

Some of the pom files have version 2.5 of the sunfire plugin referenced while others have 2.7.2. I think its an "effective pom" issue as when I reconfigure to use 2.5 I can get code to compile. I'm running mvn clean install from the root of all the projects.

Thx

• 1. Re: Error building current source repository
          jfuerth

Hi John,

Thanks for pointing out the version mismatch in maven-surefire-plugin. That's definitely a mistake and we'll get that fixed.

Even so, this is the first report we've seen of a compile failure due to this problem. Which version of Maven are you building with? Here's my Maven version info for reference:

$ mvn -version

Apache Maven 3.0.3 (r1075438; 2011-02-28 12:31:09-0500)

Maven home: /usr/share/maven

Java version: 1.6.0_29, vendor: Apple Inc.

Java home: /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0_29-b11-402.jdk/Contents/Home

Default locale: en_US, platform encoding: MacRoman

OS name: "mac os x", version: "10.6.8", arch: "x86_64", family: "mac"

-Jonathan

• 2. Re: Error building current source repository
            jfuerth

This issue is now resolved on the master branch. The fix will apply to the Beta4 release, and should also get merged into the 2.1 branch within the week.

See https://issues.jboss.org/browse/ERRAI-255 for details.