1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 17, 2012 3:27 PM by vphanibhushanreddy

What means datasource attribute "jta" in Jboss 7.1.Final config?

brand-neu

Hello,

this 3-letter-attribut is something unclear to me. If you set a new datasource within management, then default is jta="false".

This description only states Enable JTA integration (only <datasource>)

Our JSF-project inside persistence.xml have

<persistence-unit name="MyPU" transaction-type="JTA">

<jta-data-source>java:/My_DB_SRC</jta-data-source>

and all data-access is fine!

Now, this is an opposition to jta="false", isn't ? Is MyPU now JTA or not?

When I have to set the DataSource jta = "true" ?

• 1. Re: What means datasource attribute "jta" in Jboss 7.1.Final config?
          vphanibhushanreddy

JPA implementations have the choice of managing transactions themselves (RESOURCE_LOCAL), or having them managed by the application server's JTA implementation. In most cases, RESOURCE_LOCAL is fine. This would use basic JDBC-level transactions. The downside is that the transaction is local to the JPA persistence unit, so if you want a transaction that spans multiple persistence units (or other databases), then RESOURCE_LOCAL may not be good enough.

JTA is also used for managing transactions across systems like JMS and JCA, but that's fairly exotic usage for most of us. To use JTA, you need support for it in your application server, and also support from the JDBC driver.

In your current configuration, its JTA type datasource.In a Java EE environment, if this element is not specified, the default is JTA.