3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 27, 2012 6:26 PM by sanickode1

Using ShrinkWrap with SOA-P

alrubinger

I received this question via email from a community member:

My name is Sathish Anickode and I work for Early Warning Services. I attended your presentation on JBoss AS7 and Arquillian at Phoenix Java User group last week and it was very informative.

Recently, I tried to use ShrinkWrap project to create an archive for JBoss SOA-P app server which requires an archive of type esb. I could not find support for this specific archive type in the project. This archive is built differently compared to the standard jar, war or ear files. Is there a way to add a custom archive builder for ESB? Please let me know the best method to handle this scenario. Using your tool in our application for integration tests will be of immense value.

I'll admit I'm not intimately familiar with the layout of an ESB file; though it's still a standard JAR (ie. ZIP-format), correct?  If so, you can just use the JavaArchive type and ensure that the contents of your ShrinkWrap object are as you expect.  You can show the files contained by using:

archive.toString(true); // Verbose output, much like "ls -la"

S,

ALR

• 1. Re: Using ShrinkWrap with SOA-P
          alrubinger

And of course, you *can* extend the ShrinkWrap API to make your own archive view (much like JavaArchive), but let's try to solve this the simple way first, yes?

• 2. Re: Using ShrinkWrap with SOA-P
            sanickode1

Thanks for your input and will work on the simple way first. I started working on the simple jar archive with GreeterTest sample using Weld container and was able to run the test. I then moved on to JBoss SOA-P and with some help from Aslak was able to deploy the same sample in JBoss SOA-P 5.1 remote container. I will try creating a simple esb archive next.

• 3. Re: Using ShrinkWrap with SOA-P
              sanickode1

I was able to build an ESB archive as per your suggestion and was successfully able to execute the integration test.