1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next 62 Replies Latest reply: May 3, 2012 8:55 AM by Stelian Niculescu Go to original post RSS
  • 30. Re: Arquillian testing with JBoss
    Aslak Knutsen Master

right, added ARQ-824

• 31. Re: Arquillian testing with JBoss
    Aslak Knutsen Master

Pushed a new SNAPSHOT of the jboss containers that should have this fixed, and also pushed a new SNAPSHOT of Arq core, 1.0.0.Final-SNAPSHOT that should fix a similar issue that you may or may not run into.

• 32. Re: Arquillian testing with JBoss
    Patrick T Newbie

Thanks for the fix. On my JBoss 4.2.1 server @home it works perfectly. Just have to try this tomorrow on 4.3 EAP

• 33. Re: Arquillian testing with JBoss
    Patrick T Newbie

Hi again. It worked wonderfully on JBoss 4.3 EAP this morning Just had a little problem with deploying an already existent ear-file using ShrinkWrap.createFromZipFile. The file itself looks exactly like the one I created for the earlier tests, but the following exception is thrown:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Test set: test.testV4_2.AppTest

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 21.691 sec <<< FAILURE!

testSayHello(test.testV4_2.AppTest)  Time elapsed: 0.02 sec  <<< ERROR!

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: ArquillianServletRunner not found. Could not determine ContextRoot from ProtocolMetadata, please contact DeployableContainer developer.

at org.jboss.arquillian.protocol.servlet.ServletUtil.determineBaseURI(ServletUtil.java:68)

at org.jboss.arquillian.protocol.servlet.BaseServletProtocol.getExecutor(BaseServletProtocol.java:58)

at org.jboss.arquillian.protocol.servlet.BaseServletProtocol.getExecutor(BaseServletProtocol.java:32)

at org.jboss.arquillian.container.test.impl.execution.RemoteTestExecuter.getContainerMethodExecutor(RemoteTestExecuter.java:136)

at org.jboss.arquillian.container.test.impl.execution.RemoteTestExecuter.execute(RemoteTestExecuter.java:119)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:592)

at org.jboss.arquillian.core.impl.ObserverImpl.invoke(ObserverImpl.java:90)

at org.jboss.arquillian.core.impl.EventContextImpl.invokeObservers(EventContextImpl.java:99)

at org.jboss.arquillian.core.impl.EventContextImpl.proceed(EventContextImpl.java:81)

at org.jboss.arquillian.core.impl.ManagerImpl.fire(ManagerImpl.java:134)

at org.jboss.arquillian.core.impl.ManagerImpl.fire(ManagerImpl.java:114)

at org.jboss.arquillian.core.impl.EventImpl.fire(EventImpl.java:67)

at org.jboss.arquillian.container.test.impl.execution.ClientTestExecuter.execute(ClientTestExecuter.java:57)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at org.jboss.arquillian.core.impl.EventContextImpl.invokeObservers(EventContextImpl.java:99)

at org.jboss.arquillian.core.impl.EventContextImpl.proceed(EventContextImpl.java:81)

at org.jboss.arquillian.container.test.impl.client.ContainerEventController.createContext(ContainerEventController.java:142)

at org.jboss.arquillian.container.test.impl.client.ContainerEventController.createTestContext(ContainerEventController.java:129)

at org.jboss.arquillian.core.impl.EventContextImpl.proceed(EventContextImpl.java:88)

at org.jboss.arquillian.test.impl.TestContextHandler.createTestContext(TestContextHandler.java:89)

at org.jboss.arquillian.core.impl.EventContextImpl.proceed(EventContextImpl.java:88)

at org.jboss.arquillian.test.impl.TestContextHandler.createClassContext(TestContextHandler.java:75)

at org.jboss.arquillian.test.impl.TestContextHandler.createSuiteContext(TestContextHandler.java:60)

at org.jboss.arquillian.core.impl.ManagerImpl.fire(ManagerImpl.java:134)

at org.jboss.arquillian.test.impl.EventTestRunnerAdaptor.test(EventTestRunnerAdaptor.java:111)

at org.jboss.arquillian.junit.Arquillian$6.evaluate(Arquillian.java:263)

at org.jboss.arquillian.junit.Arquillian$4.evaluate(Arquillian.java:226)

at org.jboss.arquillian.junit.Arquillian.multiExecute(Arquillian.java:314)

at org.jboss.arquillian.junit.Arquillian.access$100(Arquillian.java:46)

at org.jboss.arquillian.junit.Arquillian$5.evaluate(Arquillian.java:240)

at org.junit.runners.BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.runChild(BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.java:76)

at org.junit.runners.BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.runChild(BlockJUnit4ClassRunner.java:50)

at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner$3.run(ParentRunner.java:193)

at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner$1.schedule(ParentRunner.java:52)

at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.runChildren(ParentRunner.java:191)

at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.access$000(ParentRunner.java:42)

at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner$2.evaluate(ParentRunner.java:184)

at org.jboss.arquillian.junit.Arquillian$2.evaluate(Arquillian.java:185)

at org.jboss.arquillian.junit.Arquillian.multiExecute(Arquillian.java:314)

at org.jboss.arquillian.junit.Arquillian.access$100(Arquillian.java:46)

at org.jboss.arquillian.junit.Arquillian$3.evaluate(Arquillian.java:199)

at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.run(ParentRunner.java:236)

at org.jboss.arquillian.junit.Arquillian.run(Arquillian.java:147)

at org.apache.maven.surefire.junit4.JUnit4TestSet.execute(JUnit4TestSet.java:53)

at org.apache.maven.surefire.junit4.JUnit4Provider.executeTestSet(JUnit4Provider.java:123)

at org.apache.maven.surefire.junit4.JUnit4Provider.invoke(JUnit4Provider.java:104)

at org.apache.maven.surefire.util.ReflectionUtils.invokeMethodWithArray(ReflectionUtils.java:164)

at org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.ProviderFactory$ProviderProxy.invoke(ProviderFactory.java:110)

at org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireStarter.invokeProvider(SurefireStarter.java:175)

at org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireStarter.runSuitesInProcessWhenForked(SurefireStarter.java:107)

at org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.ForkedBooter.main(ForkedBooter.java:68)

• 34. Re: Arquillian testing with JBoss
    Aslak Knutsen Master

Hard to tell without having the ear file. It can't find the correct information to execute in container, which points to 'something' not going 100% correct in the metadata extraction during Deploy.

• 35. Re: Arquillian testing with JBoss
    Patrick T Newbie

The file is the I built before. See page 2. Now I just copied the deployed file to my workspace and tried this:

@Deployment

public static EnterpriseArchive createTestArchive() throws IOException

{

EnterpriseArchive arch = ShrinkWrap.createFromZipFile(EnterpriseArchive.class, new File("test.ear"));

return arch;

}

Afterwards I compared the contents of the original file and the one created and both looked the same.

By the way. Is it even possible to get the jbossas-remote-4.2 to work on 4.3 EAP? There seem to be some security issuesthat I could not fix up to now

(Caused by: java.lang.SecurityException: Failed to authenticate principal=null, securityDomain=jmx-console)

Nachricht geändert durch Patrick T added ear-file

• 36. Re: Arquillian testing with JBoss
    Patrick T Newbie

I solved the problem with the package. The actual problem was caused by the fact, that the ear-file I wanted to import already contained those "bonus" libs arquillian adds like the testenricher and the servletrunner etc. After removing them manually from the file, everything worked perfectly again

• 37. Re: Arquillian testing with JBoss
    Patrick T Newbie

Maybe I should get a little more precise since this *could* be a bug, but I'm not sure. Maybe you're already working on it, but there was no answer, so I simply want to give a good explanation how this happend. I'm not even sure if this would be an Arquillian or ShrinkWrap issue

What I did at first:

I deployed an ear file that was build in my @Deployment function using shrinkwrap (see page 2) successfully.

What I tried to do later:

I copied the ear-file that was deployed to [..]/jboss/server/default/tmp/jsr88/test.ear to my workspace that was build during the test "What I did at first".

Afterwards I tried to deploy the file I just copied using "ShrinkWrap.createFromZipFile" without building it from scratch. This caused the error I posted above, which seems to be caused by the already existent lib-dir (didn't add own libs) and the other stuff added from Arquillian(?) during the deployment.

Actually after I tried to run the test with this error, the file, that was deployed held the same files as the one I tried to "import". Thats at least what my impression was after browsing through the files. After checking the filesizes which held a slight difference I got curious. The error seems to lie in the web.xml of the arquillian-protocol.war that's added, since it seems to simply add the ArquillianServletRunner-lines without checking if they're already existent, which is why they double after this kind of call. Maybe there are some other differences, but I could only find these right now.

• 38. Re: Arquillian testing with JBoss
    Aslak Knutsen Master

aa yes, that could be the problem. It's not really tested much with 'enrcihing' already enriched archives. please file a jira

• 39. Re: Arquillian testing with JBoss
    Patrick T Newbie

Done.

Just didn't have another ear-file at hand, so I tried to use the one from the earlier tests^^

• 40. Re: Arquillian testing with JBoss
    Aslak Knutsen Master

Thank you! Nice catch..

• 41. Re: Arquillian testing with JBoss
    Patrick T Newbie

Aww please.. You don't have get this sarcastic. I already knew that this is not some "great revolution" or sth^^

Nevertheless, it's not essential for my task but it would be nice to have so there's the question

Is the current jbossas-remote-4.2 container capable of managing the security issues of an EAP server right now?

• 42. Re: Arquillian testing with JBoss
    Aslak Knutsen Master

sarcastic? who's sarcastic?

The latest jbossas-remote-4.2 SNAPSHOT work with EAP 4.3 as far as I can tell. By default it will use username/password admin/admin which are the default in EAP if enabled, but you can override that via container configuraiton:

<container qualifier="eap4" default="true">
      <configuration>
        <property name="username">xxx</property>
        <property name="password">xxx</property>
      </configuraion>
    </container>

(assuming by "security issues" you mean deploy to a secured server)

• 43. Re: Arquillian testing with JBoss
    Patrick T Newbie

Oh. Sorry then. Guess I simply misunderstood sth. Had no bad intention

Caused by: java.lang.SecurityException: Failed to authenticate principal=null, securityDomain=jmx-console

That's the error I get trying to start the same test, as before, using a remote interface instead of local and the remote-container. admin/admin are the right values though.

Patrick

• 44. Re: Arquillian testing with JBoss
    Patrick T Newbie

Hi again. After running the managed-test on a clean jboss 4.3 EAP successfully, I got some problems to run the test on our actual system. Let's start with the exception I get. It seems to occur after the deployment on the server, so I guess it's actually when it tries to run. But I'm not sure here since

Caused by: java.net.SocketException: Unexpected end of file from server
        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.parseHTTPHeader(HttpClient.java:763)
        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.parseHTTP(HttpClient.java:626)
        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.parseHTTPHeader(HttpClient.java:760)
        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.parseHTTP(HttpClient.java:626)
        at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:957)
        at java.net.HttpURLConnection.getResponseCode(HttpURLConnection.java:367)
        at org.jboss.arquillian.protocol.servlet.ServletMethodExecutor.execute(ServletMethodExecutor.java:202)
        at org.jboss.arquillian.protocol.servlet.ServletMethodExecutor.executeWithRetry(ServletMethodExecutor.java:140)
        at org.jboss.arquillian.protocol.servlet.ServletMethodExecutor.invoke(ServletMethodExecutor.java:118)
        ... 75 more

According to the posts I read about this error and arquillian it's likely to be caused by either a timout or due to another services running on the same port. Actually I think that the second reason is the actual cause of this error, since the server.log shows this

2012-03-27 11:42:15,060 INFO  [RMI TCP Connection(2)-127.0.0.1] org.jboss.deployment.EARDeployer.start:368 - Started J2EE application: file:/C:/Jboss/jboss-as/server/default/tmp/jsr88/RegressionTest.ear

The problem is that I'm not allowed to change sth. at the current system. So I can't just disable the service using this port. Is it still possible to get this test working?

Thx

Patrick