1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 22, 2012 8:20 AM by alesj

Does clustering Weld beans work in AS7.1?

macros77

I have two AS7.1 server and started them up using the standalone-ha.xml configuration with a mod_cluster apache http server in front of them.

I've got the following in a JSF page:

{code:xml}

<h:form id="test">

<div style="color: blue">

<h:messages id="messages" globalOnly="false"/>

<h:outputText id="currentId" value="The current Id is: #{basicTest.id}" /><br />

</div>

<div>

Set Id:

<h:inputText id="inputId" value="#{basicTest.id}" required="true" size="3" />

<h:commandButton id="setIdButton" value="Set Id" action="#{basicTest.load()}" />

</div>           

</h:form>

{code}

My bean looks as follows:

{code}

@Named

@Stateful

@SessionScoped

public class BasicTest implements Serializable {

private Integer currentId;

public Integer getId() {

return this.currentId;           

}

public void setId(Integer id) {

this.currentId = id;

}

{code}

When this is deployed I can go to the JSF page, set the value of id, click the button and the output text will show whatever value I set.  If I were to refresh the page the number remains as would be expected.  However, if I were to switch off the server that is currently serving the request and then try to refresh the page I get the following exception on the remaining node:

10:29:00,978 ERROR [org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[jboss.web].[default-host]] (http--127.0.0.1-8080-1) Exception sending request initialized lifecycle event to listener instance of class org.jboss.weld.servlet.WeldListener: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Error restoring serialized contextual with id org.jboss.weld.bean-basictest.war/F:/Development/servers/clustering/jboss-as-7.1.0.Final-server2/standalone/deployments/basictest.war/WEB-INF/classes-SessionBean-BasicTest

at org.jboss.weld.context.SerializableContextualImpl.loadContextual(SerializableContextualImpl.java:91) [weld-core-1.1.5.AS71.Final.jar:2012-02-10 15:31]

at org.jboss.weld.context.SerializableContextualImpl.get(SerializableContextualImpl.java:79) [weld-core-1.1.5.AS71.Final.jar:2012-02-10 15:31]

at org.jboss.weld.context.SerializableContextualImpl.delegate(SerializableContextualImpl.java:37) [weld-core-1.1.5.AS71.Final.jar:2012-02-10 15:31]

at org.jboss.weld.context.ForwardingContextual.toString(ForwardingContextual.java:46) [weld-core-1.1.5.AS71.Final.jar:2012-02-10 15:31]

at java.lang.String.valueOf(String.java:2826) [rt.jar:1.6.0_27]

at java.lang.StringBuilder.append(StringBuilder.java:115) [rt.jar:1.6.0_27]

at org.jboss.weld.context.SerializableContextualInstanceImpl.toString(SerializableContextualInstanceImpl.java:60) [weld-core-1.1.5.AS71.Final.jar:2012-02-10 15:31]

at java.lang.String.valueOf(String.java:2826) [rt.jar:1.6.0_27]

at java.lang.StringBuilder.append(StringBuilder.java:115) [rt.jar:1.6.0_27]

at org.jboss.weld.context.beanstore.AttributeBeanStore.attach(AttributeBeanStore.java:109) [weld-core-1.1.5.AS71.Final.jar:2012-02-10 15:31]

at org.jboss.weld.context.AbstractBoundContext.activate(AbstractBoundContext.java:66) [weld-core-1.1.5.AS71.Final.jar:2012-02-10 15:31]

at org.jboss.weld.servlet.WeldListener.requestInitialized(WeldListener.java:141) [weld-core-1.1.5.AS71.Final.jar:2012-02-10 15:31]

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:143) [jbossweb-7.0.10.Final.jar:]

at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102) [jbossweb-7.0.10.Final.jar:]

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109) [jbossweb-7.0.10.Final.jar:]

at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:368) [jbossweb-7.0.10.Final.jar:]

at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:877) [jbossweb-7.0.10.Final.jar:]

at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:671) [jbossweb-7.0.10.Final.jar:]

at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:930) [jbossweb-7.0.10.Final.jar:]

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662) [rt.jar:1.6.0_27]

Also, were I to change my bean to use

{code}

import javax.faces.bean.ManagedBean;

import javax.faces.bean.SessionScoped;

{code}

rather then the weld alternatives everything works as expected.

• 1. Re: Does clustering Weld beans work in AS7.1?
          alesj

We're actually (finally) just setting up proper cluster tests in Weld_Core.

There are a bunch of cluster tests in AS7 already, which also test Weld clustering as well,

so far w/o issues, but it looks like it's not enough ...

How familiar are you with Arquillian?

e.g. any chance of getting this example as an Arq. cluster test?

Or, wait until we finish with Weld_Core_cluster_tests setup,

and we'll try to port this example into the tests.