1 2 3 4 Previous Next 52 Replies Latest reply on Aug 7, 2013 9:52 AM by massassa Go to original post
      • 45. Re: Custom jdbc login module for remoting
        danjee

Hello,

I still receive the same error when trying to connect remotely to Jboss:

09:41:04,584 TRACE [org.jboss.modules] (Remoting "danieljipa" task-3) Finding class com.mycompany.security.server.jaas.CustomLoginModule from Module "org.jboss.as.remoting:main" from
         local module loader @6fc5f743 (roots: /home/daniel/Servers/jboss-as-7.1.1.Final/modules)
        09:41:04,585 TRACE [org.jboss.modules] (Remoting "danieljipa" task-3) Class com.mycompany.security.server.jaas.CustomLoginModule not found from Module "org.jboss.as.remoting:main" from local module loader @6fc5f743 (roots: /home/daniel/Servers/jboss-as-7.1.1.Final/modules)
        09:41:04,586 TRACE [org.jboss.modules] (Remoting "danieljipa" task-3) Finding class com.mycompany.security.server.jaas.CustomLoginModule from Module "org.jboss.as.remoting:main" from local module loader @6fc5f743 (roots: /home/daniel/Servers/jboss-as-7.1.1.Final/modules)
        09:41:04,586 TRACE [org.jboss.modules] (Remoting "danieljipa" task-3) Class com.mycompany.security.server.jaas.CustomLoginModule not found from Module "org.jboss.as.remoting:main" from local module loader @6fc5f743 (roots: /home/daniel/Servers/jboss-as-7.1.1.Final/modules)
        09:41:04,587 TRACE [org.jboss.remoting.remote.server] (Remoting "danieljipa" task-3) Server sending authentication rejected (javax.security.sasl.SaslException: PLAIN password not verified by CallbackHandler)

My configuration looks like this:

<security-domain name="AsfJaas" cache-type="default">
                            <authentication>
                                <login-module code="com.mycompany.security.server.jaas.CustomLoginModule" flag="required" module="deployment.myear.ear.security-server-2.0-dev.jar">
                                    <module-option name="debug" value="true"/>
                                </login-module>
                            </authentication>
                        </security-domain>

When using form authentication from a web application bundled in the same ear, login module works as expected.

Thanks

• 46. Re: Custom jdbc login module for remoting
          snelders

Jason thanks for the explanation.

It however doesn't work for me either. I still get the class not found error:

19:20:46,277 TRACE [org.jboss.modules] (Remoting "hattori-hanzo" task-2) Class com.my.CustomSecurityLoginModule not found from Module "org.jboss.as.remoting:main" from local module loader @3d32e42f (roots: C:\jboss\jboss-as-7\modules)

I tried:

<security-domain name="MyCustomSecurityDomain" cache-type="default">

<authentication>

<login-module code="com.my.CustomSecurityLoginModule" flag="required" module="deployment.MyEar.ear.SecurityModule.jar">

<module-option name="password-stacking" value="useFirstPass"/>

</login-module>

</authentication>

</security-domain>

and also: (after first deploying a seperate jar which only contained the LoginModule)

<authentication>

<login-module code="com.my.CustomSecurityLoginModule" flag="required" module="deployment.SecurityModule.jar">

</login-module>

</authentication>

</security-domain>

• 47. Re: Custom jdbc login module for remoting
            wesjanik

Anyone able to get this to work?  I'm having the same problem, and can't even get the sample I downloaded from https://community.jboss.org/wiki/JBossAS7SecurityCustomLoginModules to work.  Like you, I'm getting:

13:52:47,103 TRACE [org.jboss.modules] (Remoting "1001467" task-2) Finding class custom.MyLoginModule from Module "org.jboss.as.remoting:main" from local module loader @50988 (roots: /opt/jboss-as-7.1.1.Final/modules)

13:52:47,104 TRACE [org.jboss.modules] (Remoting "1001467" task-2) Class custom.MyLoginModule not found from Module "org.jboss.as.remoting:main" from local module loader @50988 (roots: /opt/jboss-as-7.1.1.Final/modules)

• 48. Re: Custom jdbc login module for remoting
              danjee

You need to specify the module with your custom lm in the standalone.xml file:

<authentication>

<login-module code="com.my.CustomSecurityLoginModule" flag="required" module="deployment.MyEar.ear.SecurityModule.jar">

</login-module>

</authentication>

</security-domain>

• 49. Re: Custom jdbc login module for remoting
                wesjanik

Thanks Daniel.

I gave that another try, and still get the same error you posted above:

09:03:55,149 TRACE [org.jboss.modules] (Remoting "1001467" task-2) Finding class com.mycompany.security.loginmodule.MagicLoginModule from Module "org.jboss.as.remoting:main" from local module loader @b4e29b (roots: /opt/jboss-as-7.1.1.Final/modules)

09:03:55,150 TRACE [org.jboss.modules] (Remoting "1001467" task-2) Class com.mycompany.security.loginmodule.MagicLoginModule not found from Module "org.jboss.as.remoting:main" from local module loader @b4e29b (roots: /opt/jboss-as-7.1.1.Final/modules)

Was there something else you needed to configure, or do I need to download a new build or something?

• 50. Re: Custom jdbc login module for remoting
                  siggi

Hello,

Jason Greene schrieb:

Although to help with usability I have created, which would allow a security domain to refer to a specific deployment module, giving you deployable login modules (not just static modules):

https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AS7-3905

Could someone confirm, that this fix is not in 7.1.1.Final and therefore not working in 7.1.1.Final?

Thanks in advance

• 51. Re: Custom jdbc login module for remoting
                    kieselhorst

Hi,

just tried with EAP 6 (based on AS 7.1.2/ Picketbox 4.0.9). The module attribute on the login-module is working if I deploy the module as a single jar (module="deployment.mysecuritymodule-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar").

If I package the jar in the lib folder of an ear (module="deployment.myapplication-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT.ear.mysecuritymodule-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar"), I will get a ModuleNotFoundException.

Regards

Dennis

Update: Also works if module is packaged in a jar in the lib folder of an ear. It seems to be sufficient to specify the module with module="deployment.myapplication-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT.ear").

• 52. Re: Custom jdbc login module for remoting
                      massassa

Sigmar Tholen schrieb:

Hello,

Jason Greene schrieb:

Although to help with usability I have created, which would allow a security domain to refer to a specific deployment module, giving you deployable login modules (not just static modules):

https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AS7-3905

Could someone confirm, that this fix is not in 7.1.1.Final and therefore not working in 7.1.1.Final?

The commit is included in the 7.1.1.Final Tag in the Git repository... So that's bad news I guess since it doesn't seem to be working.

1 2 3 4 Previous Next