5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 16, 2012 12:51 PM by jesper.pedersen

external activation not working for resource adapater

lafr

using JBoss-AS 7.1.0-SNAPSHOT I put this into standalone-full.xml

{code:xml}

<resource-adapter>
                      <archive>controller.rar</archive>
                      <connection-definitions>
                          <connection-definition jndi-name="java:/eis/maj2e-langfr-dev/Controller">
                              <config-property name="ClientService">JCAClient</config-property>
                              <config-property name="ServerName">sb2000</config-property>
                              <config-property name="PortNumber">6506</config-property>
                              <config-property name="SocketTimeout">0</config-property>
                              <config-property name="Encoding">ISO-8859-15</config-property>
                          </connection-definition>
                      </connection-definitions>
                  </resource-adapter>

{code}

this works perfect.

But in the past with the previous JBoss versions we used an external file to configure the resource adapater.

So I put the lines shown above into a file called maj2e-langfr-dev-ra.xml (see attached).

I validated the file against the schema definition succesfully.

Then copied it into $JBOSS_HOME/standalone/deployments/. JBoss says, the file got deployed.

But the resource adapter is not activated.

Can't see it on jboss-console web-app and do not see the "Bound JCA ConnectionFactory to [java:/eis/maj2e-langfr-dev/Controller]" message.

What am I missing?