14 Replies Latest reply on May 17, 2013 8:46 AM by ymartin

Trying to launch WebService Client fails with JBoss AS7

benze

Hi,

I'm using JBoss AS7 (have tried both 7.0.1 and 7.1-cr1b) and both fail when launching my webapp that has a javax.ws client in it.  I get the following error messages:

I'd like to install Axis2 on my JBoss AS7 server instead of the CXF implementation. 

{code}

Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/springframework/beans/BeansException

at org.jboss.wsf.stack.cxf.client.configuration.JBossWSBusFactory.getSpringBusFactory(JBossWSBusFactory.java:120)

at org.jboss.wsf.stack.cxf.client.configuration.JBossWSBusFactory.createBus(JBossWSBusFactory.java:54)

at org.jboss.wsf.stack.cxf.client.ProviderImpl.setValidThreadDefaultBus(ProviderImpl.java:213)

at org.jboss.wsf.stack.cxf.client.ProviderImpl.createServiceDelegate(ProviderImpl.java:140)

at javax.xml.ws.Service.<init>(Service.java:57) [jboss-jaxws-api_2.2_spec-2.0.0.Final.jar:2.0.0.Final]

at ca.domain.agmtprodopers.loanagreementmgmt.v1.LoanAgreementMgmtHttpService.<init>(LoanAgreementMgmtHttpService.java:38) [PHLoanAgreementMgmtWSClient-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:]

at com.domain.calculator.phloanagreementmgmt.ws.service.PHClientSingletonImpl.init(PHClientSingletonImpl.java:90) [PHLoanAgreementMgmtWSClient-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:]

at com.domain.calculator.phloanagreementmgmt.ws.service.PHClientSingletonImpl.<init>(PHClientSingletonImpl.java:75) [PHLoanAgreementMgmtWSClient-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:]

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method) [:1.6.0_29]

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39) [:1.6.0_29]

at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27) [:1.6.0_29]

at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:513) [:1.6.0_29]

at org.springframework.beans.BeanUtils.instantiateClass(BeanUtils.java:126) [spring-beans-3.0.5.RELEASE.jar:]

... 37 more

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.springframework.beans.BeansException from [Module "org.apache.cxf:main" from local module loader @326b9c84 (roots: C:\servers\jboss-as-7.1.0.CR1b\modules)]

at org.jboss.modules.ModuleClassLoader.findClass(ModuleClassLoader.java:190)

at org.jboss.modules.ConcurrentClassLoader.performLoadClassUnchecked(ConcurrentClassLoader.java:468)

at org.jboss.modules.ConcurrentClassLoader.performLoadClassChecked(ConcurrentClassLoader.java:456)

at org.jboss.modules.ConcurrentClassLoader.performLoadClassChecked(ConcurrentClassLoader.java:423)

at org.jboss.modules.ConcurrentClassLoader.performLoadClass(ConcurrentClassLoader.java:398)

at org.jboss.modules.ConcurrentClassLoader.loadClass(ConcurrentClassLoader.java:120)

... 50 more

{code}

My ear application is a Spring 3.0.5 application, however, that doesn't seem to matter.  Looking at the stack trace, I can see the error is thrown in the JBoss cxf stack.

I have never launched as WS Client in JBoss before.  Must I do something special to configure it such that the CXF implementation works properly?  I believe that it was generated with AXIS2 libs (I'm not the one who wrote it), but I do not understand how that would be affecting it since it only uses the javax.ws classes/interfaces.

Thanks for the help!

Eric