2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 21, 2012 7:28 AM by brucespringfield

JBoss 7 Eclipse remote debugging configuration?

brucespringfield

I have found various information on the web for setting up remote debugging for JBoss but all the information is dated from 2003. 2004.

The most recent I found was from 2009 but still the information doesn't seem to help me get remote debugging set up for JBoss and Eclipse.

I'm starting JBoss with the standalone.bat file.  Where do I set the port for remote debugging?  I see an entry in standalone.conf for

JAVA_OPTS="$JAVA_OPTS -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,address=8787,server=y,suspend=n"

I uncommented this line and restarted the server, but it doesn't help.  org.jboss.as.remoting seems to be listening to port 9999

Is there a more recent source of information for setting up remote debugging with Eclipse for JBoss 7?

r

• 1. Re: JBoss 7 Eclipse remote debugging configuration?
          jaikiran

Moved to AS7 forum

Bruce Springfield wrote:

I'm starting JBoss with the standalone.bat file.  Where do I set the port for remote debugging?  I see an entry in standalone.conf for

JAVA_OPTS="$JAVA_OPTS -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,address=8787,server=y,suspend=n"

I uncommented this line and restarted the server, but it doesn't help. 

If you are on Windows OS, you should be using the standalone.conf.bat to configure that. You'll find a similar line in that file which you have to uncomment. That's it.

Then when you start the server using standalone.bat, you'll see:

=========================================================================

JBoss Bootstrap Environment

JBOSS_HOME: <foo>

JAVA: <foo>

JAVA_OPTS: -server -Xms64m -Xmx512m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -Dorg.jboss.resolver.warning=true -Dsun.rmi.dgc.client.gcInterval=3600000 -Dsun.rmi.dgc.server.gcInterval=3600000 -Djboss.modules.system.pkgs=org.jboss.byteman -Djava.awt.headless=true -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,address=8787,server=y,suspend=n

=========================================================================

Listening for transport dt_socket at address: 8787

Bruce Springfield wrote:

org.jboss.as.remoting seems to be listening to port 9999

That's an unrelated log.

• 2. Re: JBoss 7 Eclipse remote debugging configuration?
            brucespringfield

Thank you!!  That worked!!